Chapter 13

Here's a new chapter. I hope you like it.

Continues from previous chapter....

Davina's pov

Me and Kol exit the building "we should take my car. If we go in your car we will be followed" I say as we walk round to the car park "good point. I'll drive" he replies making me scoff "hell no, you ain't driving bumble" I respond "why not?" he asks "because he's my baby and I don't let just anyone drive him" I respond making him chuckle "you're a weird one" he replies causing me to playfully stick my tongue out at him "put that tongue back before I take you over my knee" he says causing me to roll my eyes. "You wouldn't really do that. You're just bluffing" I retort making him chuckle "wanna bet? Continue testing me and I will show you just how wrong you are" he responds making me laugh. "Is that a challenge?" I ask raising an eyebrow at him "do you want to make it a challenge?" he retorts "no sir. I do not" I respond as we reach my car. I reach into my bag and take my car key out. I unlock the car and we get in "don't touch anything" I say as I strap myself in "does that include you?" he asks cheekily "yes, it does" I respond as I start up the car.

I drive out of the car park "okay so where should we go?" I ask not knowing where to go from here "let's go to mine" he replies "why?" I ask "because I said so" he replies "yeah but why yours?" I ask "it's the first place I could think of" he responds shrugging his shoulders. "We need to do something fun, that's the whole point of this bunking off work thing" I say "we can have fun at mine" he replies giving me a wink making me shift in my car. "I think you'll find your kind of fun and my kind of fun are two completely different things. Let's keep this to an appropriate level and not to a point that things become awkward between us" I suggest "who ever said it would make things awkward between us? Look I just want to get to know you a little more. You're my assistant and I care to know the person who is running all my personal errands" he replies making me sigh. "Fine, what do you suggest?" I ask "let's get some coffee first shall we?" he suggests "sure, why not" I respond as I continue driving.

.

.

I park outside a coffee shop and we get out the car and head inside. "I'm paying this time" Kol says as we reach the counter "sure just because I know you'll become a pain in my ass if I deny you" I retort making him chuckle "oh I can give you some pain in the ass if you like?" he retorts whispering huskily in my ear making my breath hitch in my throat and I subconsciously clamp my thighs together. "No thanks sir. I'd prefer if you kept your hands to yourself" I respond making him chuckle "I don't know about that love. I think you'd rather like having my hands on your body" he retorts cockily making me scoff "don't be so full of yourself. Now are we going to order or are we just going to stand here?" I ask he gives me a smirk. "What would you like?" he asks "just a simple medium vanilla latte" I respond making him nod as he steps up to the counter. "Can I have one medium vanilla latte and one large Americano with no cream or sugar please" he says "yes, would you like anything else?" the clerk asks "no, thank you that will be all" Kol replies "okay that will be $5.95 please" the clerk says Kol pulls out his wallet and takes out a $10 dollar bill and hands it to the clerk who quickly gets his change and gives it to him. "If you'd just take a seat. Your drinks will be right with you" the clerk says we both nod and walk away.

We sit down at a table "so any plans for this weekend?" Kol asks "not really, I mean I have practicing to do but other than that I have nothing planned" I respond "practicing for what?" he asks "practicing for my audition" I respond "what audition?" he asks "my audition for the big dance performance near graduation" I explain "they have a performance?" he asks "yeah, the dance students always put on a big showcase every year but only the last year students can have major roles. It's a massive thing they do, talent agents from all over the world come to watch and sign people" I explain "interesting and you're auditioning?" he asks "yes, I am. I'm auditioning for one of the major roles. This year they're doing ballet and that's my kind of dancing so I'm doing it" I respond "is dancing something you're passionate about?" he asks "yes it is and I do believe I told you during my interview" I respond "ah yes you did but I want to know more. Where did your passion for dancing come from?" he asks "well my mother was a dancer, she was an amazing dancer and I just kind of picked it up from her. I use to go ballet dancing every week as a child and it was the highlight of my life. I feel like a swan when I dance and the feeling is incredible. It makes me feel beautiful and strong" I explain he smiles. "I'm not a dancer, I've never danced in my life so I don't know how that feels but I like the way you talk. I love it when people are inspired and passionate about something" he replies "when you have something you truly love doing, it just feels amazing" I respond "well I hope you do well on your audition and I hope you get a spot in the show case" he replies "thanks, I hope I get a spot too. It means a lot to me" I respond "I can see that" he replies flashing me a sincere smile as a waiter comes over with our drinks. "Thank you" I say as the waiter puts them down on the table "you're welcome, enjoy your drinks" the waiter replies before walking away.

No one's pov

Kol turned to Davina as she poured a sugar sachet into her latte. "So other than the audition thing. What else is going on in uni?" he asked "nothing really aside from a few assignments and preparing for finals in the next month or two" Davina replied "ah yes, you graduate this year" Kol replied "yes, I do" she replied "when is your graduation?" he asked "in July" Davina replied "this July coming?" he asked "yes" she replied "that isn't far away" Kol said "it isn't" she replied "and uni is only just having auditions for this dance performance thing when graduation is just three months away?" Kol questioned "yeah, they kind of do that but three months is enough time to come up with routines for each performance" she replied "I see so do you know when the show will take place or do you find out if you get through auditions?" Kol asked "the show takes place exactly a week before graduation" Davina replied "well then I now know what I'll be doing on that day" Kol replied "you'd come to the show?" she asked "yes but only if you're in it" he replied making her frown. "Why if only I'm in the show?" she asked "because you're my assistant and I want you to go far. I want to see you do well and I want to support you. I don't have any interest in anyone else who may be in the performance" he answered "okay" Davina replied as she took a sip of her latte.

.

"So um tell me about your parents?" Kol asked "why do you want to know about my parents?" Davina asked "I just want to know more about you, that's all" he replied "okay well my dad lives in Atlanta which is where I was born and raised. My dad is an artist and author. He's written many books and made a lot of incredible art, some of which I actually helped with" Davina explained "would I know any of his books?" Kol asked "probably not. They were best sellers but they weren't always everyone's cup of tea. One of them was a story based on him and my mother which was a love story and I know how you feel about those so you wouldn't know that one" Davina replied "okay what about his art work?" Kol asked "he modeled a clay piece. It was of a pregnant woman cradling her baby bump. It was my mother, she had modeled for it when she was pregnant with me and my father wanted to capture the beauty of it" Davina explained "he did a painting of a sunset over an ocean which is one of my favourites. It's really beautiful" she said "interesting. I haven't ever seen any of them but my brother Klaus might've. He loves art, he buys a lot of it too. Does your dad have any other artwork?" Kol asked taking a sip of his americano "he does but there's a long list so I won't go into that" Davina replied making him nod. 

"Alright you've told me about your father but what of your mother?" Kol asked making Davina freeze "my mother's dead" she replied "oh, I'm sorry" Kol replied "it's fine" she replied looking away from him. "Both of my parents are dead, they died eight years ago" he said "I'm aware, everyone knows. It was all over the news when it happened and I am sorry for your loss. I know how it feels to lose one parent but I couldn't imagine how it would feel to lose both" she replied "it sucks" Kol replied frowning as he was starting to feel weird. "How did your mother die?" he asked "cancer" Davina answered "I'm sorry, cancer sucks" he replied "yeah it does" she replied looking down to avoid the stare he was throwing her way.

Kol cleared his throat "right we should bounce and head elsewhere" he said making her nod "okay" she replied as they stood up and left the coffee shop. "So where do you suggest we go?" Davina asked as they walked down the street. "I actually have to get going" Kol said making her frown "why?" she asked "I have things to do" he replied "you were the one who made me come out. You said we were bunking off so why the sudden change?" Davina asked "I know and I thought it would be a good idea but it's not. I'm sorry but I shouldn't have requested this" Kol replied "then why did you?" she asked "I wanted to get to know you but I'm not right for you" he replied making her frown. "What do you mean you're not right for me? Is that what all the flirting and taking me out was? You were just trying to woo me but now you're backing off?" Davina questioned she was feeling very confused right now. "I was wrong to try. I'll see you in work" Kol replied before walking off leaving Davina feeling very upset and confused. 

Kol walked away feeling conflicted, he wanted to bed Davina but as he found she was too kind and she was a love believer and he didn't want to risk her getting too close and developing feelings for him when all he wanted was her to be his submissive. He thought she wouldn't agree anyway so now there was no need to try but little did he know he would get what he wanted but additional feelings would indeed become involved.

End of chapter

What did you think? Things were going smoothly. Kol learned more about Davina but he's decided to back off (for now at least). Don't worry things will change and start heating up. What will happen next? Stay tuned for more

Vote and comment