Chapter 2

Here's another chapter, I hope you like it.

Three days later... Thursday 8th April 2017

No one's pov

It was 2 pm in Seattle and Davina Claire had just finished her last lesson of the day which was theory for her English lit course. She had to write a two thousand worded essay about Shakespeare because he was the topic of theory in English lit at the moment. In theory for English lit, they tended to look at famous authors and read one of their most popular books and then go away and write a report on the book and the author themselves. Davina didn't mind, she quite liked doing the long essays but she was feeling rather nervous. It had been three days since she went for her interview at Mikaelson enterprise and she hadn't heard anything from Mr Mikaelson so she feared she hadn't gotten the job but she should at least get a call to let her know that she didn't get the job. One girl in her English lit class, went for an interview to be the bosses assistant at Mikaelson enterprise and she got a call during class yesterday informing her she didn't get the job which resulted in the girl bursting into tears and having to be excused from the class. Davina tried to think nothing of it but she worried because she didn't receive a call. She really hoped she would get this job but of course she wouldn't be too upset. It wouldn't be the end of the world as there were other jobs out there plus she worked voluntarily at the children's hospital so she had that on her plate which she really enjoyed even though she didn't get paid.

Davina made her way to the Starbucks that was on campus. Seattle University had their own Starbucks, it was great but every student liked to study there during lunch so it got pretty packed in there so Davina always avoided going to Starbucks during lunch hour.

Davina entered the Starbucks coffee shop and walked straight up to the counter. Davina smiled as she greeted the clerk boy "hi Josh" she said "Davina, what's up girl? What can I get you?" Josh asks "you know the same as usual" Davina replied Josh was her friend and he attended a normal community college since his parents refused to pay for him to go to a good college like Seattle University. Josh worked part time at the Starbucks on campus and people did tend to make fun of him because he went to a community college and because he was gay. "Vanilla latte with cream on top?" Josh asked with a knowing smile "why of course" Davina replied Josh nodded and typed her order into the till before grabbing a cup and writing her name on it. "That will be $2.50" Josh said he always gave Davina a discount when she came to Starbucks. Davina handed him the money "keep the change" she said "thank you" Josh replied as he shut the til. "You know it's been a while since we've hung out. Why don't me, you and Nora hang out this Saturday?" he asked "yeah, sure why not. It's not like I have anything better to do" Davina replied before moving aside to let the person behind her step up to take their order. "I'll text you the details" Josh called out as Davina went to collect her latte "okay" she replied waving to Josh as she picked up her latte and exited the coffee shop.

Davina wondered over to her car bumble, sipping on her latte when she was suddenly met by Jeremy Gilbert. Jeremy use to be her friend before he got in the wrong crowd and started doing drugs plus he developed some creepy crush on her and it was creepy because he kept trying to touch her and he often followed her home. "Jeremy what are you doing here? You're not supposed to be on campus" Davina reminded since Jeremy had been kicked out of the university after being caught smoking weed on campus "I just wanted to stop by and say hi" Jeremy replied "okay well now you've said it so I'm going to say bye as I have places to be" Davina replied walking round him to get to her car. "I just want to say I'm sorry. I was a dick but I've changed my ways. I'm getting help to get better" Jeremy said "well that's good. I'm happy for you Jeremy, really I am" Davina responded flashing him a polite smile as she unlocked her car. "Maybe one day we can be friends again? As I kind of miss you" Jeremy said "maybe, we'll see" Davina replied not entirely meaning it. She didn't like lying, hell she hated it when people lied to her but she found being around Jeremy very uncomfortable and she just didn't want to be around him. He freaked her out the last time she saw him as he got really drunk and tried to make a move on her and she ended up kicking him in the balls and ran away. She didn't see him again after that and it was only a year ago when it happened.