Chapter 9

Here's a new chapter, I hope you like it.

Continues from previous chapter....

Davina's pov

I glance at the clock seeing it's home time well for me at least. I put my blazer on and glance outside sighing at the heavy rain pelting it down "I should've brought a coat" I mumble to myself as I pick up my bag and place the strap of it over my shoulder.

I make sure everything is neat and tidy and everything is switched off before leaving the office. I flash a smile at Kol "I'm heading home sir. Is there anything you'd like me to do before I leave?" I ask making him look up. "No all is good" he replies "is your computer all good?" I ask "yes, my computer is all fixed and virus free now" he replies before glancing out the window. "The weather is shit today. Are you gonna be okay driving home?" he asks "yes, I'll be fine. I've driven through worse" I respond "well, I'm finishing early so maybe I could follow you home" he says before closing his eyes thinking how weird that probably sounded. "I didn't mean that in a creepy way. Like I could follow you home in my car to make sure you get home safely" he says making me giggle "I know what you meant and it's fine. I'll be fine, I don't need to be followed home" I respond making him nod. "Alright then" he replies "have a good day" I say before walking out the office. I wave goodbye to the receptionist on my way to the elevator.

I reach outside and I try to make my way to my car but due to the heavy rain and people pushing and shoving as they run through the sheets, obviously wanting to get out of the rain. I keep getting pushed further back. "Sorry" I say as I back into someone before walking forward. "Ugh" I groan my hair is getting soaked as are my clothes so I quickly take off my blazer and place it over my head as I wonder to my car only to be shoved onto my knees by someone barging past. "Shit" I curse feeling a sting in my knees. I stand up and glance at my knees to see one of them is bleeding which isn't too bad.

I glance ahead, sighing in relief as I see my car and I walk forward to get to it. I almost reach my car when I'm shoved onto the road as a car approaches. I drop my blazer and instinctively close my eyes waiting for impact but instead, I feel a hand wrap around my wrist and pull me back, turning me around so I end up crashing into their chest and my eyes go straight to the person who saved me. "Mr Mikaelson" I gasp since our noses are almost brushing against each other and our eyes are locked on each others "are you alright?" he asks glancing down my body to check for injuries. "Yes, I'm alright. Thank you" I respond as I pull away from him "your knee is bleeding" he says "it's fine, it's just a little graze" I respond shaking my head "accompany me home and I'll tend to it" he says "no, it's okay. I can sort it at home" I respond but he shakes his head "please come with me. My place is only five minutes away. I'll bring you back here later for your car" he insists "alright" I respond not wanting to argue since it's raining and I'm soaking wet.

He nods and leads me to his car which was in the private car park. He unlocks the car "I'm going to get the seat wet" I say "it's fine" he replies as he opens the door for me. I flash him a small smile as I get in the car. Kol shuts the door and jogs round to the other side.

He starts the car up and drives off towards his place.
.
.
Five minutes later...

Kol stops and parks the car in the apartment complex building car park. We get out the car and rush inside the building.

We reach the elevator and get on. Kol presses the five button for floor five which is the floor of his apartment.

We stand in silence as the elevator goes up "your knee is still bleeding" Kol says "it's fine, it's just a little trickle. It's not going to do any harm" I respond "I forget how mad Seattle can get sometimes. Nobody likes it when it rains and it becomes a stampede, everyone wants to get out of the rain and they don't care who gets hurt during the midst of their pushing and shoving their way through the streets" he says "probably didn't help that I'm short and I had my blazer over my head. Not exactly the brightest idea" I respond "there's nothing wrong with being short and you were just trying to get less wet by covering your head with your blazer" he replies "how much of that did you exactly see?" I ask "all I saw was you being pushed and shoved. I knew something would happen if I didn't step in" he replies as the elevator stops and opens with a ding revealing his apartment. I gasp at the sight of it, there's huge windows so you can look out at the city and there's cream sofas and a beautiful black piano "wow, nice apartment" I comment "thanks" he replies as he shuts the door behind him.