13. cleaning up and the terrifying twosome

(Elliot [played by Seth Dusky]; Thank You by [the babes] MKTO)

|13.| cleaning up and the terrifying twosome

I don't exactly understand why my group of friends and I had decided to make our way over to the scene but no one was intervening and Luca looked about ready to pass out. Sid had made it to them before I had, Kat being pulled away by her boyfriend, the foreign boy reaching to help Oliver up, "S-s-sorry. Here let me- sorry."

Pushing Luca off of him, he went to stand and when he was on his feet, his eyes went cold as did his unforgiving stance. He was blacking out and letting his anger get the best of him as his fists clenched, his body shaking as he backed the little foreign boy into a corner of a crowd that had just started forming.

I don't know what possessed me within those few dwindling seconds before Oliver's fist collided with Luca's bee stung lips, it might've had something to do with Sid's hand shakily clutching Luca's, but Oliver was stunned and so was I when Luca opened his eyes a minute later to see my hand in a tight grip on Oliver's wrist.

Oliver assessed the situation as he looked down at my hand as if it were a nuisance before I quickly removed it. Luca went to apologize again, this time cowering back but Oliver was already picking food off of his clothes, shaking is head as if to excuse the matter, "Don't worry about it."

The people around us hadn't been expecting that, I saw a few phones out, ready to record the entire throw down.

I mean sure, Oliver wasn't crazy but Luca had spilled his entire lunch down his front and in his hair, anyone would be angry. And with the boy's reputation, I'd expected him to just shake me off and get to pounding a face or two in.

And Luca was as astonished as the rest of us, "You're not gonna h-hit me?"

I was helping Oliver pick up food, Sidney giving me a wary look as she pulled Luca out of the packed cafeteria, his breathing getting a little too rapid with all the eyes focused on him.

"It's fine," I'd heard Oliver mutter but his fingers were clamped around the tray and his jaw was locked. I'd briefly seen him glaring at the ground before he'd brought his tray to the stack away.

It was so silent you could hear a pin drop as I tried following Oliver out of the weird environment. I felt Katalina grab my arm, nails lightly scratching my forearm.

"Quit the fucking staring!" I heard a yell that sounded kind of like Oliver's brother, the lunch resuming as Elliot stood, bypassing me and following his brother out of the cafeteria. I briefly saw him knocking into Jovie Nichols who tried her best to pick up her lunch while shaking from the aftermath.

Either Elliot hadn't cared or he hadn't noticed as he kept at his speed, not even looking back.

No wonder the girl was terrified of their family.

"What was that?" Kat asked, eyes wide after she helped picking Jovie up from the ground. Brushing the invisible dirt off of her, Kat sent the wide-eyed girl a comforting smile.

But that smile must've been one of the scariest things she'd ever seen because Jovie high-tailed it out of there, tears running down her cheeks and breathing rapid.

Kat stared after her, mouth agape and pointing at the door before I uttered a simple 'don't' while shaking my head. Her hand slightly lowered as she blinked as if bringing herself back to her previous topic, "anyways... it's like he stopped because of you."

And I didn't know what happened or why it did but I intended to find out, "I'll explain later," I promised as my best friend nodded in agreement, the shock of Jovie slowly slipping away and the incident forgotten.