27. drug dealers and physical contact

(Emerson... [p.s. I see Logan as Avan Jogia])

|27.| drug dealers and physical contact

Hope never really resided with me.

Maybe it was the fact that when you ask for things, you get disappointed. When you think that everything is one way, the rug is pulled out from under you. Life fucking sucks and I knew that, everyone with half a brain knew it.

So that's why I'd had little hope that, after Oliver hadn't so much has talked to me for a week, things would ever go back to the way they were. I'd asked him to leave and he did, and he didn't come back. That was my fault.

That was all my fault but January didn't see it that way. After we'd successfully made our way back to my house after school, his arm swinging the door open violently as I slipped my way underneath, ducking so I could squeeze through the tight space, he wouldn't stop nagging me about going after Oliver one more time.

"Leave me alone, Jan."

We'd been having the same argument for days and when I finally bought he'd let it go, it was brought up again when we were alone. Well, alone until we'd seen Jackson on the couch as we'd entered the living room... how he'd gotten home first was beyond me. I was tired of thinking about Oliver, tired of regretting my actions and apparently, January was tired of my moping. I rolled my eyes as he continued to walk behind me, reaching out and attempting to tickle me but failing nonetheless.

"Just call him," he groaned, hand slipping into my back pocket to retrieve my phone. It was getting pretty damn close to Christmas, the year was moving so fast so as he almost tripped on the garland laying on the floor, I'd attempted to push him.

But Jan was already launching himself onto the couch beside my brother.

Making my way over and literally climbing on top of him to grab for my phone as he texted, I was paranoid. I didn't want to text Oliver, I didn't need to text Oliver- who was I kidding? I was terrified to text Oliver. What if he didn't text back? What if he hates me? "Jan, this isn't funny."

"Princess Oli? That's so cute, babe." He was ignoring every attempt I made to overpower him and when my face was close to him, he grinned before licking a long stripe of salvia across my left cheek.

"January!" I'd yelled, pushing myself off of him and sitting up straight, my hand coming to wipe my face angrily as he scurried away, landing right on top of Jackson's lap. I paid no mind to the way Jackson's face flushed a bright red.

"Emerson!" My best friend had yelled back, kicking at my hands which had made their way to tickling the bottoms of his feet. His giggles were drowning out any other sound, including Jackson's little chuckles here and there as he joined in, gripping Jan's sides like it were second nature.

"No, no, stop!" January had yelled out, my phone slipping from his hands and landing on his chest as he attempted to pry my brother's hands away and in a second, my phone was back in my grasp. "Jackson!" He whined in false anger, pouting when my hand was clasped around my phone attempting to undo all the damage he'd done.

Shit.

I was breathing faster, my heart was hammering and I couldn't stop myself from reaching out and punching January so hard in his arm that he was gripping it, pouting deeper. He'd texted Oliver.

"What the hell, Jan?" I couldn't stop from spewing out, my eyes concentrating tightly on my phone, unable to move. It was a simple request that he sent, talk to me, and I was trying to convince myself that it was okay but when my phone buzzed, I felt my heart drop.