34. double-dates and nervous confessions.

Needed Me -Rihanna

|34.| double dates and nervous confessions.

"What's got you looking all girly?" My mom's voice had interrupted as I cleaned the my camera lenses for the ninth time in a row. I was dressed up -or as dressed up as I could be for a movie date- my legs were in some fitted high-waited jeans that my mom had passed down to me. Despite the fact that we were twenty years apart, we shared somewhat the same physique: wide hips and small waists. Jeans rarely fit me properly so I never really wore them unless they were baggy.

I'd also been wearing a tight tan long-sleeve mock-turtle-neck, gold bracelets lining my right wrist as well as a few rings on my fingers. But what really got my mom must've been the patterned scarf and heeled ankle-boots that were most-definitely hers. Her arms were crossed over her large chest that I sadly did not inherit and I couldn't help but feel a little self-conscious.

Must've been my already anxious energy. Scrubbing over the lens in my hand again, I sighed.

"I have a date." The thought of Oliver put a smile on my face despite my worrying and I convinced myself that he loved my body. I mean, he had made sure to inform me of that every time he could, I was glad the neck of my shirt was high enough to cover the hickies he'd left on me last time we were alone together.

But still, this was our first official date as a couple, excluding all the hang outs that he deemed not a date. He said he wanted to actually take me out, actually show me how much I meant to him with cheesy movies and hand-holding. And, I mean, that was another thing I loved about Oliver. Stormy eyes and a cute smile, light freckles that seemed even more noticeable as Christmas approached. The bashful way he smiled after small signs of affection-

Tightening my grip on my lens, I jumped when it nearly slid out of my hands. I had it bad.

My mom looked surprised, her eyes going wide and I finally realized that Oliver had only met my parents as a friend. They didn't know that we were dating yet, "That white boy that came over and played video games with Jackson?" I hadn't realized my dad was in the room as well until I looked up, that man was silent but deadly or at least, that's what he wanted you to believe.

Twining his arms around my mother's body, he rested his chin on top of her head and I smiled, calming down a bit. Lately, they seemed to be getting better, always showing some sort of affection and I was sure it had to do with my mom's blow up the week before.

"What white boy?" He'd questioned, eyes staring straight into my soul and I averted my gaze, "Oliver Remmer?" And that made me gulp, wondering what he would say. Oliver hadn't really been over my house since his most-recent arrest and my dad being in the psychology field, I was sure he'd heard about that. He couldn't stop me from seeing Oliver when we just got together, especially after the fight we were getting over.

We were close now, he was mine and I loved him.

"Yeah dad," I sighed, thinking about how dumb I'd sound if I told my parents that I loved an ex-juvenile delinquent. "That is the one."

And the smile on my dad's face shocked me, I didn't expect it nor did I expect what came out of his mouth afterwards. "Okay."

Matching his smile but instead with wide eyes, my mom looked up at him leaning the back of her head on his chest and slapping it with the back of her hand in excitement before turning back towards me, "Ooo, I like him, he's cute." At that I laughed, knowing that Oliver reminded her of Dad, she'd always taught us to find someone who'd treat us right, didn't matter what they looked like.