16. parties and pretty girls.

(Phoenix [//fetus kian//imagine he still has braces]; Trap Queen covered by Ed Sheeran)

16. parties and pretty girls.

"So are you busy tonight?" I'd asked Oliver as he walked me home later that day. We'd been getting to know each other lately and I could safely say that Oliver and I were becoming pretty close friends.

"Not really, me and Elliot were gonna watch scary movies with a bunch of candy. Wanna come?"

And trust me, I wanted to go, "I uh got roped into going to Ceaser's party."

"Ceaser Finnigan?" He asked, glancing over at me and I took that chance to take in his appearance. His hands were buried deep in his ripped jeans and he was wearing a short sleeve dark gray shirt, hair styled in its normal way. Oliver looked hot and I was sure he knew it with his dyed gray forces and earrings that reflected the light.

"Yeah, I don't wanna go." I muttered out, crossing my arms in his black hoodie he'd insisted I'd worn after school. Throughout knowing him, he'd somehow learned that I was always excessively cold and opted to walk home in chilly October in nothing but a short sleeve shirt.

"Why are you?"

"I promised Kat and she's kind of upset about... Things." Things involving a certain Phoenix Meyer.

"Oh."

"Yeah," we were falling into a comfortable silence when an idea came to mind, "you should swing by later if you'd like?"

He bit his lip lightly, licking it after as he looked down at me, still walking down the path, "Do you want me there?"

"Duh," don't freak him out, "bring Elliot too, I wanna meet your prodigy."

"If he's up for it, we'll come but I don't think it'd be okay to bail on him tonight," we'd made it up my porch when he sent me a small smile. I was still debating whether or not to invite him in when he spoke, "I have to go though... I gotta help my mom pack for a business trip and I have to run to the store and pick up all the reject candy because Elliot's gonna eat all the good ones."

"Alright, goodbye Oliver."

He was already sheepishly stepping down my porch steps when he stopped and smiled at me, my eyes lingering on his lips. I wanted to kiss him more than anything else I'd ever wanted but I simply held back and entered my house.

To say I wasn't prepared to be ambushed by flat irons and tight dresses was an understatement.

⌄⌃⌄⌃⌄⌃⌄

"Katalina, just let me explain-"

"Oh, fuck off, white boy."

Now this would be around the time where Id yank Sid away before she could claw Phoenix's eyes out. But seriously, he kind of had it coming. She glared at him, her winged liner making her look even more menacing as her big waved hair fell over her shoulder and her hand curled around her cup.

"Nice to see you too, Sidney."

And holding her back in 6 inch heels -that Kat had forced me to wear- wasn't easy, "I already disliked you and now I'm a split second from ripping your balls off, okay assface?"

I was getting tired and I could already feel my roots curling from the heat inside the house, my perfectly straightened hair was suffering, "Sidney..."

You know those annoying best friends that convince the girl that she could do better, that was us. Phoenix was the annoying boyfriend; Kat just so happened to be the girl who's heart was stupidly broken by him.