15. backstories and underage boys.

EXTREMELY FAST UPDATE FOR YA BABES

(Katalina; Angel in Blue Jeans covered by Max Schneider

To everyone that gets mad that I dot update extremely often... Happy now?

P.s. I don't have anything written for the next chapter yet... oops)

15. backstories and underage boys.

"What? That little piece of shit was your best friend?"

Oliver nodded, not finding my astonishment all that funny so, being polite, I tried to be less of an asshole.

His head was thrown back as he shut his eyes, recalling a memory and I found myself tracing the bandaging on his knuckles and drawing my name on the back of his hand with my thumb.

It was a habit and I tried not to react when he squeezed my hand, me clutching on and trying to give him the support. His hands were trembling as he tried to grip mine.

My thumb lightly scratched his palm as he spoke before squeezing his hand again, powering him through this tough time he was having,"His family was going through a tough time, mine was too but never as severe as his."

I watched as he sighed, dying out his cigarette after a few pulls and tossing it out the window. If Kat were there she'd yell at him about the environment.

But Kat wasn't there and we were talking about matters, so important to him that littering was the least of our problems, "We met in therapy and instantly we were close until... Um."

I wanted to ask why he was in therapy but knowing Oliver, it was probably for anger issues. When he got taken away, he'd stopped playing football and football was probably his outlet. Without football, he had no outlet.

I was going to ask him about therapy but if didn't seem like the right time nor place, with him behind the wheel.

Oliver didn't want to cry but from the glossy look in his eyes and the way he bit his lip, he was a second from it.

I gave him time to calm down, not looking at him as he wiped his face and sat up. I was playing with the cuts on the passenger seat when he let go of my hand and started the car, lacing our fingers afterwards, "Can we just go somewhere? I don't wanna deal with this right here."

And I didn't answer as he took us back to our complex later that night, stopping for gas on the way and picking up some gummy bears, a Mountain Dew and a Coke along with a spare bag.

I still hadn't paid him back for the first time yet here we were, him paying because I only had a dollar in my pocket.

"I'll pay you back," I reasoned, trying desperately to relieve some guilt of using all his money. He shook his head, opening my bag and my mouth before putting a couple gummy bears in and shutting it, my jaw tingling.

"No, you're gonna eat because you've been such a great friend to me lately and I really appreciate you."

I held up my index finger, telling him to wait as I chewed the blob of candy in my mouth, "Oliver, you can't keep spending money on me." I'd said afterwards, drinking some of my soda to get the remains out of my teeth.

"I want to."

Fuck, I think he was flirting and I was over here getting little colorful bears out of my teeth. If it were any other person, I wouldn't be fazed and I don't know what it was about Oliver but I was kind of embarrassed.

That didn't stop me from talking, he needed to let go and if it brought me a little embarrassment, so be it, "Where do you want to go?"

"I don't know."