Something's wrong

Dean's pov

It's been a few days since our first training session with Roman. Tomorrow we signed the contract to have our match at mania and I was actually feeling ok about it until Cecily started acting weird. Ever since that first day she doesn't seem to be herself and isn't interested in anything Roman and I are trying to teach her. She doesn't even try the moves. She just watches us with dull eyes and nods. That's not the Cecily that I know. Something happened. I mean she's even paler now. She looks like she's sick and whenever I ask her what's wrong, she just shakes her head and walks away. Her eyes aren't even blue anymore. It's like they are always grey and clouded and that worried me. Waking up early, I got changed into my work out clothes and sighed when I saw her still laying in the bed.

"Are you gonna come with me today?" I asked.

She just shook her head as I walked over to her side of the bed and sat down beside her, "Maybe we should cancel the match at mania"

Her eyes widened and she immediately sat straight up and answered, "no"

"I don't know what you want to do then cec? You're not coming to the training anymore and do you not realize what kind of match this is? What the stipulations are?" I asked worriedly.

"Trust me I understand what I'm getting myself into dean. I'm sorry I've been acting like this. I just have a lot on my mind right now." she sighed.

"Well tell me sweetheart. Maybe I can help" I said resting a hand on her freezing hand.

"that'll only make it worse" she grunted.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"I can't tell you" she whispered quickly adverting her eyes from me.

"Cec I can't help if you don't tell me" I said.

"Dean that's not it. You can't help at all. This is my problem and in this case you cannot help me" she said while her voice cracked.

resting a hand on her chin, I tilted her head so she was looking at me. Her eyes filled with the tears she was fighting off and pure fear. Concern flew through me,

"I'm worried Cec. Roman and I both are. I may not know what's going on, but just know I'm right here if you need me. I'm always right here."

She smiled and a tear escaped down her cheek, "Dean, I'm scared"

"You have nothing to be scared of. I won't let anything happen to you" I said and brought her into a tight embrace as she started crying into my chest.

Rubbing her back soothingly as she shook and cried, anger coursed through me. I've only seen my girl like this one other time and it was because of one person and I had no doubt that he was the problem again. The next day we arrived at the arena later than normal. I had a hard time getting cec in the car. Roman immediately met us backstage and wrapped her in a hug.