Scared

Cecily's pov

I wrapped my jacket around myself tighter as a strong gust of wind blew against me as I waited for the door to be answered. One thing I didn't miss about Chicago was definitely the cool air all year round.

"Who is it!" phil yelled from inside.

"it's Cecily" I said.

"Cec? give me a minute!" he yelled.

I smirked as I heard him moving around inside and chuckled when he cursed cause he hit something before he finally opened the door,

"hey! what you doing here?" he asked.

"Hey...umm do you mind if I stay with you for a few days till I can get myself an apartment?" I asked.

"Ummm yea sure...what's going on? Aren't you supposed to be in Atlanta for Smackdown this week?" he asked.

"Change of plans" I shrugged as he let me in.

"Really? Does Dean know about this?" he asked.

my heart sunk when he mentioned Dean's name, "no...he doesn't."

Phil seemed to pick up on my mood and instantly became worried, "Cec what happened? did he hurt you? i'll kill him if he did."

A tear escaped down my cheek and I quickly wiped it away,"no...I'm fine really. Do you mind if we take a walk or something?"

"Sure. Let me grab a sweatshirt and we can go ok?" he asked as I nodded.

Phil and I walked for about a good 2 hours around the city as I informed him on everything that has been going on, but leaving dean out of it. We ended up in a park and stopped on a stone bridge looking over a pond. We both leaned against the bridge as he continued,

"yea, I've been watching WWE. That's a real shitty thing that Mariah did"

"yea" I sighed fighting back more tears.

"Well who needs her right? you've got a new best friend anyways and he's pretty awesome" he smiled.

"Yea, he's the best in the world" I smiled lightly.

He smiled even wider as I tried to smile along with him, but couldn't. My heart was still completely shattered with every thought of dean. Phil noticed and whispered,

"The whole Mariah thing and the stress of the match wasn't the reason you quit was it?"

I shook my head and looked town into the water.

"Cec, why don't you want Dean to know where you are?" he asked.

I cringed just hearing his name. My insides felt like they were being pulled in different directions as I sighed, "I told him I loved him."

"That's great!" he said.

"He didn't say it back" I whispered wiping a tear from my cheek.

"What happened?" he asked.

"It was the night after I got released from the hospital. He yelled at me for not defending myself when Seth was in the ring with me and I told him that Seth threatened me. We got into a fight and I told him how scared I was. How I don't feel like I can trust anyone. I'm terrified. that's when I told him I loved him." I said.

"What did he do?" he asked.

"he just stood there and starred at me" I said blinking back the tears as I relived that terrible night, "and then he left"

"He left? where did he go?" he asked.

"I don't know" I said with my voice cracking.

I heard him sigh and then say, "Did you mean it?"

"What?" I asked looking at him confused.

"that you loved him? did you mean it?" he said.

"With all my heart" I sighed looking back down to the water, "still do"

he was silent for a few minutes until he sighed,"I'm about to say something and don't for one second think I'm siding with dean cause I'm not. Think it's a total dick move what he did, just hear me out ok?"

I nodded as he sighed, "dean had a rough life. Fighting is all he's ever known. He's not ever really had anyone care about him. Maybe that's why he reacted the way he did when you told him you loved him....cause he was scared."

I just looked at Phil. I never thought about things that way. I was wrapped up in my thoughts and made myself completely vulnerable at that moment, I didn't think how he was feeling.

"I never thought about it that way" I whispered.

"dean reminds me of myself. When I was just starting and new to wwe, I thought I was untouchable. I was the man! I didn't need anyone....that was until I met aj. It all changed." He said.

i just looked at him and waited for him to continue,"I became obsessed with her. I needed to know her, I needed to protect her. She made me go completely insane and do some crazy stuff without even knowing it. Just like what you're doing to dean." He explained, "we're men. We like to think we have the world in our fingertips. That we are invincible and when that is torn away from us so easily. When our world is crumbled by just looking into someone's eyes, it scares the hell out of us"

"I don't know Phil, I'm just done. I can't do the whole wwe thing anymore. I can't fight my best friend and I can't sit around for a man who I'm head over heels in love with but he doesn't love me back. I can't take that pain anymore. You know how hard it was and still is not to go buy a plane ticket back to Atlanta and beg him to take me back."I started to cry.

"Well that would be pointless" Phil shrugged.

i wiped my tears and chuckled sadly,"yea it would be wouldn't it?"

"well yeah cause you wouldn't find dean in Atlanta." He said.

i starred at him confused,"what?"

"turn around" he said.

my eyes widened and my breathing hitched. There was no way....I turned hesitantly instantly causing my stomach to drop. Tears filled my eyes again as I struggled to breathe. I started shaking as I looked at who was standing at the end of the bridge. My voice cracked as a tear slipped down my cheek,

"dean?"