Believe that

My head pounded as I forced my eyelids open. The bright light shining across the white room made my head hurt worse. Looking down at my arms and noticing an iv and the beeping of the machine it was hooked up to started to freak me out. I started to panic when My eyes started examining the room quickly.  My breath calmed when I saw roman asleep sitting against the wall with his arms crossed. Aj was asleep on the couch on the other side of the room. Dean was sitting in the chair next to my bed with his head on the bed asleep. Smiling down, I ran my hands through his soft blonde hair which caused him to stir. Watching him start to wake up and blink a few times until his eyes rested on mine.

"Hi" I smiled.

His eyes widened and he immediately got out of the chair and got closer to me,"you're awake." 

I smiled as he took my face in his hands and kissed me softly. Butterflies filled my stomach as he pulled away and rested his forehead against mine.

"Don't scare me like that again" he whispered.

I nodded and kissed him lightly again. Hearing some movement, we both looked to the side and noticed both aj and roman start to wake up. Once they both came to, aj's eyes widened,

"Oh my god cec you're awake!" She exclaimed running to the other side of the bed.

I smiled and hugged her tightly. Then looking down at the end of the bed I saw roman had gotten up and stood there,

"Finally decide to wake up sleeping beauty?" 

I smiled widely down at the man,"hey Rome."

Looking around at the 3 smiling faces around me I got confused,"where's Phil?"

"He's in manhattan for a UFC fight." Aj answered.

I just nodded and sighed,"so umm what happened."

"You remember anything?" Roman asked.

Looking down at him and then to dean, I noticed he immediately clenched his fists to his sides and seemed to focus on something in his head entirely too much. In all honesty, I remembered everything perfectly, I just didn't want to believe it. Mariah is my best friend and now she was with Seth. The guy that was trying to hurt me.

"Yea I do" I whispered trying not to cry.

"You're lucky you didn't get a concussion." Roman said.

"So I can't fight at mania in 2 weeks?" I asked.

"You still wAnna do that?" He asked.

I arched an eyebrow at roman and heard aj sigh,"you know with everything with Mariah?"

My throat suddenly felt like it tightened,"I don't understand"

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"Mariah has been the only family I've ever had. I moved in with her when I was 12! Why would she do this?" I asked.

"Seth's a very convincing guy" roman sighed making dean growl.

Roman shook his head at dean and then looked at me seriously, "one thing is for sure is we can't trust anyone other than whoever is in this room and Phil"

Still feeling like I was going to break out in tears,i nodded and felt dean slip his hand into mine. He still wasn't looking at me though, he seemed completely focused on something inside his head.

"Seth's tried to take us out by making it even more personal and hitting it where it hurts the worse. He thinks he's weakened us" Aj said.

"He's wrong, it's only made us stronger" I whispered.

"And at mania he's going to learn that the hard way" dean growled finally making eye contact with me again.

I smiled, squeezed his hand and then looked down at roman as he nodded and said,"believe that"

« PrevNext »