fourteen.

"𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝘀𝗮𝗶𝗱, '𝗗𝗮𝗿𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴, 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸𝘀 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗸𝗶𝗹𝗹, 𝗦𝗼 𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘆𝗼𝘂'𝗿𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗱'

"𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝘀𝗮𝗶𝗱, '𝗗𝗮𝗿𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴, 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸𝘀 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗸𝗶𝗹𝗹, 𝗦𝗼 𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘆𝗼𝘂'𝗿𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗱'."

-𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧-

The next morning, Jungkook sat on the couch with his legs pulled up to his chest, eyes sad as he watched The Therapist brush his hair in the living room mirror.

Taehyung was Dressed in black slacks, a white dress shirt with a black tie -which rested around his neck neatly and untied. The man's gaze caught Jungkook's reflection, and he turned around, putting the hair brush on the mantel as he rose a brow.

"Why are you pouting, little one?" He mused, crossing his arms. "Well?"

"M' not." Jungkook pouted even more. He didn't want Mr Kim to be at work all day, As Selfish as it sounded. He knew the man was a therapist and he had patients who needed his help, But, a little part of him had already grew a little attached to the man.

"Sure You Aren't," Taehyung challenged, cracking his neck before starting to Tie His tie. "I know a pout when I see one, Little One. Are you going to tell me what's wrong? Did you not like the breakfast I made you?"

"I just... Do You have to go?" Jungkook asked softly, resting his chin atop his knees. "I Don't like being alone, Mr Kim.."

"I do." The Man looked up from his tie, clicking his tongue as he buttoned the wrist-cuffs on his shirt. "I know you don't like being alone, little one, but I do need to go."

Jungkook looked down at his sock-covered feet. "But.. can't you stay? Just for a little bit?" He asked in a quiet, hesitant voice. "I'll be a good boy, I Promise Mr Kim."

The Therapist bit his bottom lip. He had patients to see and paperwork to do. He couldn't Just show up to his office late, as much as he wanted to reassure the teen. "I Can't, Jungkook." He replied, brow creasing slightly as he saw the boy's distress. "But How about-"

"P-Please?"

"Jungkook, No. I can't." Taehyung said sternly, a hint of warning in his voice as he was interrupted. "Don't Interrupt me, it's rude." He picked up the TV remote and turned the TV on before giving it to the younger. "I'll be back this afternoon. I'll stop by the store on the way, Okay? I'll pick you up a Treat if you do as you're told." He gave the teen a warning look with his eyes. "I don't Have time to be held back from Work because You Aren't listening."

Jungkook squeaked slightly in fright at the irritated Response of the elder man, holding the TV remote to his chest as he nodded slowly with a saddened expression. "Okay, I'm Sorry for irritating you.." He apologised softly, avoiding the man's gaze. "I'll see you this afternoon, Mr Kim."

Taehyung ran a hand through his hair, knowing he shouldn't have snapped at the boy. "Darling," he began, Face softened as he saw the way Jungkook tensed after he raised his voice.

He knew the Teen was a very delicate person, and he shouldn't have raised his voice at all, especially since Jungkook had already said before that he didn't like being alone. "I'm sorry for raising my voice." He walked over and crouched on the floor infront of the boy on the couch. "But I Have a Responsibility as a Therapist. I have people to see and help."

Jungkook nodded, sniffling as he wiped his eyes with the back of his palm. "I Know," he looked down at the elder, bottom lip trembling. "M' sorry for clinging, I just feel safe with you."

Taehyung just smiled sadly, carefully reaching up to wipe the teen's tears with his thumb. "I Know You Do," Jungkook was his responsibility now, and he didn't want the boy to be all on his own while he's at work. But Unfortunately, That is what's got to happen. For today, at aleast. "And I'm sorry I Need to leave, But there are other people who need me too."

He was worried.

He still didn't know how Jungkook behaved unsupervised. He didn't know if Jungkook was even safe to be left alone in his house by himself. He wasn't sure about any trigger objects that might be laying around.

"I Understand that," Jungkook sniffled wiping his face with his sleeve before leaning back into the couch. "C-Can Jiminie Come over, p-please?"

The Therapist stood up from the floor, gently patting the boy's hair. "If it'll keep you happy, then Of course he can. Just don't make a mess, Okay? I really need to go now."

"I Will," Jungkook gave him a convincing smile, waving with his fingers before curling up. "Bye Bye, Please Hurry Back,"

The Therapist chuckled, waving back as he grabbed his shoulder-bag and Car Keys. "Bye Bye. I'll be as fast as I can, Okay? Have Fun with Jimin while I'm gone. There's spare house keys on the kitchen counter, and If you need me or if anything happens, Call Me. I'll Answer."

With that, He left the house, locking the front door behind him. But As his footsteps on the porch faded, Jungkook's smile faded aswell.

"Jiminie, are you free? I Haven't seen you in ages." Jungkook pouted, holding the phone to his ear with one hand while using his other to flick through Netflix. "Mr Kim's at work and I don't want to be alone.. I Miss you. We can watch a movie and stuff if-"

"Ah, Sorry Kooks. I'm going out with Yoongi Today." Jimin apologised sombrely, sighing into the phone before releasing a giggle. "Hey, Should I wear white or Pink?"

"B-But You were only out with him yesterday, though." Jungkook's pout was now replaced by a defeated expression, his brows knit together. "You're always with Yoongi.."

"I can't Just cancel on him, Kook." Jimin sighed from the other side of the phone, irritation apparent in his sigh that made the brunette teen flinch. "He's my boyfriend. Look, I Promise to hang out with you tomorrow, Okay?"

Jungkook swallowed thickly, slowly lowering the TV remote to rest it in his lap. "But-"

"Sorry, Kooks but I Got to go, Yoongi's waiting... I'll see you tommorow, Okay?" Jimin spoke. "You'll be alright on your own for a few hours. Tae gets off work this afternoon anyway."

Jungkook just stared at the TV, his phone still pressed to his ear, despite that Jimin had already Hung Up. Ever Since he started Dating Yoongi, Jimin had spent less and less time with him, especially after the older had moved in to Jimin's apartment. At first, he didn't mind. He knew they were just in the clingy stage of their relationship. His Best friend wouldn't replace him.

But, Eight Months later, And Jimin Now Only saw Jungkook twice a week at most. He was always either busy with something, or going out with Yoongi. He only seemed to care about him when his Father hurt him.

Unaware of the crack That had started to appear in Jungkook's heart.

"Jiminie's right," He nodded to himself, exhaling shakily as he placed his phone on the coffee table. "I'll Be fine By Myself." He tried to convince himself. "I Just won't leave the couch, A-And Then Nothing will happen."

But he knew deep down, that maybe He wouldn't be fine at all.

----