Love Yourself~MakotoxReader

Ugly

Fat

Worthless

Those were the words that your mind shouted at you every day. The words that forced you to hate yourself. You were hurting, hating everything about yourself, but hiding it with a fake smile. A fake smile that was worn so often it could fool anyone and everyone.

Everyone you knew fell for your act. They thought you were truly happy, except for Makoto. He could see the pain in your eyes and the slight difference between your fake and real smiles. The giant teddy bear of a man wanted nothing more than to help you, to see the pain fade from your eyes and your smiles stay real.

One day after school, as you were leaving the classroom, you felt grab your wrist in a gentle grip. "(Fist name)-chan, we need to talk."

You instantly recognized Makotos voice and his serious tone made you feel uneasy. "What is it, Makoto-kun?" You turned to face your tall classmate. A hint of worry danced in your wide, (eye color) eyes.

"Don't look so worried, (First name)-chan. I'm not going to bite you or anything." Makoto laughed, which helped ease your nerves. You smiled a fake, yet convincing, smile and Makoto frowned.

"I know that smile was fake," He said with a sad smile. "I can see the pain in your eyes, (First name). Please tell me what's causing you so much pain so I can help."

"Makoto, I..." Seeing tears form in the gentle giants eyes was enough to make you break. Warm tears slid down your cheeks making you laugh. "Makoto-kun, I'm weak. I'm worthless, ugly, fat, pathetic! Everybody thinks it and I do too."

Makotos big hands cupped your face and his thumbs wiped away your tears. "It doesn't matter what others think, (First name). It only matters what you think. You have to learn to love yourself. It's going to take time but I know you can do it. Me, Haru, Rei, Rin, Nagisa, your friends, we'll be with you every step of the way." He smiled and slipped his hand into yours.

"Thank you, Makoto-kun, for caring." You smiled at your taller friend and this time it was a real smile. A light blush formed on Makotos cheeks as he scratched the back of his neck with his free hand.

"You're welcome, (First name)-chan." He returned your smile with one of his own. "We better leave. Come on, I'll walk you home."