Come Back Home~ RinxReader

Trigger Warning: This one-shot mentions death

March 26,

(First name)-chan,

What's it like in (Country name)? I've missed you since you moved. A lot. I really miss seeing and speaking to you everyday. Will you be coming home anytime soon? I sure hope so. Write me back when you get the time.

Sincerely, Rin.

April 1,

Rin,

(Country name) is great. The people here are very kind and helpful, just like back home! My studies are going well and I've almost mastered the native language. I'll be coming home for a visit in a week or two. I hope to see you then, Rin! I really miss you!

Sincerely, (First name).

April 20,

(First name),

Sorry I haven't wrote to you lately. I've been busy with the swim team. Your mom said you were supposed to be here two weeks ago and hasn't heard from you lately. Did something happen? Are you okay? Please write back soon.

Sincerely, Rin.

April 28,

(First name),

You haven't wrote me lately. Have you been busy? Are you doing fine? I'd love to hear from you soon, (First name).

Sincerely, Rin.

May 9,

(First name),

I really miss you, (First name). I've been really worried about you too. Did you hit a wall? Is that why you quit writing? (First name), I really need to know that you're okay.

Sincerely, Rin.

May 18,

(First name),

I love you. I can't get you out of my head. You're even in my dreams. I miss you so damn much, (First name). Please, come back home.

Sincerely, Rin.

Rin quit writing to (First name) after not receiving a reply for such a long time. He thought she was just too busy to write back or simply didn't receive his letters. However, one late evening, Rin received a call from a blocked number. Curiously, he answered his phone. "Yo."

"Rin, this is (First name)'s host mother," said a soft voice. She clearly wasn't native to speaking Japanese, Rin noted. He could hear her thick accent.

"(First name)'s host mother? Is (First name) okay?"

"Actually, Rin, she isn't okay and she won't be returning to Japan."

"What? Why not? What's wrong with her?" Panic was clear in Rin's voice as he asked these questions. He asked them so quick that (First name)'s host mother could barely tell what he was saying.

"The police found (First name)'s body this morning. She had been missing for about three weeks. They're not sure what happened yet."

The phone fell from Rin's grasp, shattering against the ground. Dropping to his knees, silent tears slid down Rin's face. "I guess you won't be coming home, (First name)."

(A/N): Sorry if the whole letter part was a little confusing to read! I hope you enjoyed this one-shot! I'm sorry that I killed you off reader-chan. Please don't hate me.