Emotions~HaruxReader

Haru was never one to express his feelings or emotions. He often kept to himself and bottled everything up until it broke him down. Haru was what people called an introvert. Not many people could tell what he was thinking or feeling. Those that could were usually people that Haru held very close to his heart, such as Makoto. That's why, when a girl Nagisa's age was able to read him like a book, he was very surprised.

Haru walked to the pool alone since Makoto was busy. His face looked emotionless like always but his mind was buzzing with various thoughts and emotions. Not to far away from Haru was Nagisa, Rei, and their friend (First name), a second year with a dazzling smile and beautiful personality. "Haru-chan!" Nagisa yelled, grabbing Rei and (First name)'s hands and running towards Haru.

"Don't call me -chan," said Haru bluntly. He looked off to the side. Haru didn't mean to seem cold but he just naturally came off that way. (First name) looked at Haru, her (eye color) eyes becoming wide. She could see the look in Haru's eyes that said he wasn't okay. (First name) had never been able to read Haru's emotions before so she was shocked.

"Excuse me, Haruka-senpai," said (First name) quietly. "Can I ask you a question?"

"What is it, (First name)-chan?" He looked over at the young girl, curious about what she wanted to ask.

"Are you okay? Something seems to be bothering you."

Haru stared at her in disbelief. His jaw dropped and his eyes were the size of saucers. He had never been read so easily before by anyone but Makoto. "How did you..?"

"I can see it in your eyes and facial expression. The corners of your lips are turned down in a frown. It's barely noticeable but I can see it."

"I'll tell you later, (First name)-chan."

Swim practice went smoothly like always. Makoto showed up late and rushed to help Coach Sasabe after practice. Haru walked with (First name) so they could talk. Opening the door to his home, he motioned for her to come in. (First name) thanked him and took her shoes off at the door.

"I'll get us some tea," said Haru as he walked into the kitchen. (First name) sat down as she waited for Haru to return. Sitting down across from her, Haru handed (First name) a cup of tea.

"Thank you, Haruka-senpai."

That evening, Haru opened up to (First name). He told her all of his fears and doubts, how he didn't have a dream yet and just wanted to be free. Haru put his trust in (First name) and showed her his true emotions. It was the start of a beautiful friendship and possibly something more.