Scars~MakotoxReader

Trigger Warning: This story includes sensitive subjects such as self harm. If this subject bothers you and could trigger you, please do not read any further. Read at your own risk!

The white, pink, and red lines scared her wrists to remain there forever or fade like a poorly done tattoo with bad ink. There was new scars, old scars, and even open wounds. She hid them with bracelets and sweaters. She hid them from the world. Only one person knew and he swore he wouldn't tell anyone. Everyday he worried about the girl and her health. He knew she was breaking and so was her beautiful skin.

Makoto gently dabbed the cotton ball soaked with peroxide on (First name)'s wrist. She hissed in pain, trying not to pull her arm away. "I'm sorry (First name)-chan. I didn't mean to hurt you," said Makoto.

"It's okay Makoto-kun. I know." (First name) smiled as she stared into his eyes. She could see the worry and concern, all of Makoto's feelings, reflecting in his eyes.

"(First name)-chan listen," Makoto continued cleaning (First name)'s wrist. He remained silent as he thought about what he wanted to say. "You need to stop hurting yourself. All of these scars and wounds, they were just for a moment of temporary relief. Harming yourself wont take away the pain." Makoto brought (First name)'s wrist up to his lips and kissed each individual scar and wound. "Please don't harm yourself again. If you're hurting, just come to me. I'll be there for you."

Silent tears slid down (First name)'s cheeks as she pulled Makoto into a hug. "Makoto-kun, I'll try to stop. I want to stop for myself and not anyone else. I want to stop hurting myself for me!"

Makoto smiled and kissed (First name)'s wrist again. "I'm glad (First name)-chan. I'm glad that you want to quit and I'll be with you every step of the way to help and support you." He wiped her tears away with his thumb. "Now, lets get your wrist bandaged."