Disappointment ~ReixReader

One of the worst things you could ever do to yourself is get your hopes up because, when things don't work out, you'll be left in pain.

Rei and (First name) had been friends since they were in diapers. Rei's pain was (First name)'s and (First name)'s insecurities were Rei's. The two did everything together. Eat, sleep, run, cry, and play. They did it all together and nothing could separate them. Nothing but distance, that is.

During her last year of middle school, (First name) had to move to America to stay with a relative. Both Rei and (First name) were crushed. Rei didn't want to let (First name) go and was very hesitant to release her from his embrace at the airport. Tears poured from his eyes and he had to remove his glasses to wipe away the wetness on his cheeks. (First name)'s departure was anything but beautiful.

Over the next few years, Rei and (First name) wrote to each other daily. They even video called whenever they had the chance. By the time they had entered their third, and final, year of high school, Rei and (First name) were speaking about meeting again. Rei was planning a trip to America with his friends. While (First name) knew she shouldn't get her hopes up, she did. Every time she thought about it, she got super excited. (First name) couldn't wait to see her childhood friend again.

A month before Rei was supposed to be in America, he called (First name) with bad news. He told her that he couldn't come to America, and if he did, he wouldn't be able to go see her. The feelings of disappointment, anger, and sadness (First name) was feeling were overwhelming, Tears fell from her (eye color) eyes and streamed down her cheeks. It was then, she realized, she never should have gotten her hoped up.

(A/N): Hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed this one shot. I would like to once again apologize for how long it takes me to update. School's been really stressful and time consuming. So, I would like to tell you the story of how I came up with the idea for this one shot. I'm dating this guy who lives a few states away from me and we had talked a lot about him coming up to where I live so we could meet. His friends would have to come with him though. But later he tells me that he probably couldn't get his friends to agree to him coming to seeing me so that's how I go the idea for this. If you're still reading after that huge, boring, story, leave a comment and tell me which Free! guy you would like to see next. I'm still taking requests btw!