Distant~RinxReader

(A/N: This takes place in Australia before Rin moved back to Japan. Also any italicized text is Reader-chans thoughts)

At school, he was your best friend. He never left your side. He was always there for you. Hugging you and making you laugh when you needed to be cheered up. But, then you began to notice the changes in his behaviour. He started pushing you away. He talked to you less and less outside of school. During school, he would avoid you every chance he got.

"Rin, why are you pushing me away? Stop being so distant."

You heard the rumours, the gossip, everything his friends told you. "He likes you!" They would say. "It's obvious." You would just laugh at their ignorance. You knew he didn't like you, in fact, you felt as if it were the exact opposite. He was tired of you.

"What did I do wrong?"

"Hey (First name)." He said, grabbing your sides like he used to do.

"Rin," You said moving his hands. "Please don't touch me."

"Why are you being so cold, (First name)?" Anger was laced in his tone and shinning in his magenta eyes.

"You're the one that has been pushing me away!" You snapped, glaring at the male.

"Listen, (First name)-"

"No, Rin, listen to me. You pushed me away. You dropped our friendship and forgot about it quicker than I can snap my fingers. Did you just expect me to act like nothing changed when you spoke to me?"
Rins expression became one of pure shock. "I'm sorry (First name). I didn't realize that I was pushing you away." He wrapped his arms around you and pulled you into his chest. "I'm sorry."

"Just don't push me away again."

"I won't. I promise."