Selfish

Namjoon was laying on his bed, eyes wide open.

"Saranghae."

Yoongi's word played like a broken record in his mind all day, all night long, throughout the weekend. At one point Namjoon felt like crying.

Yoongi had no idea what these words meant to him, even if he meant it platonically. That day Namjoon said that back, the other not knowing how much he meant it. He wouldn't know how much the younger would imagine it being actually said to him the way he wanted.

That night, when they hung out, they had so much fun that at one point Namjoon forgot they weren't together.

"Joon-ah, taste this," Yoongi said, holding a small scoop of ice cream on his spoon.

After the dinner, for which Yoongi insisted to pay because he was the one to suggest, they went for some icecream. Now, they were sitting in a small park near Han River eating the icecream that, again, Yoongi bought despite Namjoon's insistence.
Namjoon, without thinking much, tasted it and immediately his face scrunched into disgust at the taste of frozen toothpaste.

"HYUNG, WHY DO YOU HATE ME?!" He whined out loudly, voice overpowering his hyung's loud laughs.

"Alright, let hyung taste yours," Yoongi said, scooting closer to his dongsaeng.

"You think you deserve it, traitor?"

"Namjoon."

"Ugh, fine!" Despite rolling his eyes, the younger scooped up a hefty amount of his pistachio ice cream. And just when Yoongi closed his mouth around the spoon, Namjoon realized that what just happened.

They indirectly kissed.

In the dark park, that was illuminated dimly by the nearby streetlight, Namjoon felt his face grow warm. The thing is, sharing food among them was nothing new and if Namjoon really considered it this way then he definitely made out with the whole of Bangtan, especially Taehyung.

"Ah, this is fun. Joon-ah, let hyung take you out more often."

Namjoon groaned out loud. Why does everything Min Yoongi says sound like they're dating for years? He hated how much he wanted this. On top of this, Jimin wasn't helping.

The singer started out with subtle words of affection and eventually Namjoon started feeling like he was being.... courted?
Jimin discreetly left him small gifts in his studio or bedroom like KAWS keychain or a small ring. When they recently went out to eat, Jimin fed him quite a lot by his own chopsticks. It's not like he didn't do it earlier, it's just that he never did this so much.
Nowadays, Namjoon feels like he sits on Jimin's lap more than his own ass.

Sighing out loud, he put his book away to get ready. Their dance choreographer wanted them to practice their dances so that they wouldn't be stiff later on. Namjoon felt mentally spent off and getting out of the bed was honestly a torture. He spent 10 hours in his studio, studying their hoobaes' group's storyline to write the perfect lyrics.

Seeing as there was no way out of this, without further ado, he got ready.

♤♤♤

Yoongi was getting out of his studio to head back home and wash up before getting ready for their dance practice, when he suddenly remembered he had to review the lyrics of a song Jimin wrote. He paused.

I'll just go a few minutes later, I guess.

Sitting down on his couch, he looked at the lyrics, occasionally writing or making something with his pencil. Jimin did a pretty good job with the lyrics, as if all the feelings were being spoken from personal experience and Yoongi was proud of his dongsaeng.