Hurt all over again

Getting up from the couch, he called Jackson. His heart was thundering against his chest.

"Jackson, Jackson pick up the fucking phone! Please!"

The ringing stopped and as soon as the male from the other side said an urgent and firm 'hello', and involuntary sob tore out from Namjoon's throat.

Never in his life did he cry this much, let himself be weak to the extent that one familiar voice would make him vulnerable.

"I saw what happened, Namjoon-ah. Please just make sure Yoongi doesn't misunderstand. I can talk to him if needed."

And that was Namjoon's last straw.

♤♤♤

The crowd outside the colony gates and company buildings started to grow. Fans, locals, so many people sat in front of the gates with boards, shouting, screaming, protesting that they didn't accept the leader.

So many people internationally were pissed and continuously trended hastags, clearly expressing how much they hated Namjoon being in a relationship, that too with a guy.

Dispatch was now hell-bent on proving that every artist who openly supported Namjoon was queer which the other fans were not happy about. Antis from different fandoms, who already never tolerated BTS, took this as an opportunity to bully the boys even more, not once thinking about what harm they could cause.
Fanwars really reached the point where artists were getting death threats at the smallest of conflicts.

Bang Si-hyuk and Sejin, after hours and hours of discussions, came to a conclusion that they had no other option than to sue anyone who attacked their artists. Since the Seoul government already passed the anti-discrimination laws despite the outrage from the conservatives, they could protect Namjoon from being attacked or atleast take serious steps against the attacker.

Well, their plan was to not let Namjoon out from the colony or atleast not out without adequate number of body guards and security.

It wasn't that it was only hate that they could see. Fans in bulks, ARMYs and non-ARMYs made efforts to do the best they could but there wasn't much they could do against the antis without being violent.

Having no other option, BigHit released a statement that said they would take legal action against anyone who intended to harm their artists, whether online or in real life. Actions against several people were taken in a matter of hours, thousands and thousands of accounts were suspended and many more bodyguards were hired after thorough background checks for all the artists in BigHit.
However, the company favoured unnatural times for the boys to go to their studios and practice rooms.

That's why, assisted by many bodyguards, the boys headed to the studio at 2 A.M. to avoid crowds.

Unlike other days the car was silent, almost too silent. Its been a few days since the breakup and it has been quite awkward between them. Although both Namjoon and Yoongi had been acting nothing but normal, albeit ignoring each other subtly, their nonchalance felt too forced and pained to the boys.

Well, there's no other way. Namjoon thought. We should've known better.

Namjoon's situation wasn't doing better by any means. Each day a new rumor was started by someone that was spread like a wildfire. There were several instances where he was portrayed as 'harassing' the boys, making them 'uncomfortable' with his perverse comments when in real life it was all playful banter.

"We're here," the driver said gruffly, his smile looking more like a grimace with the lack of sleep.

"Thank you, hyung-nim. You can go back home to rest. I'm sure you're really tired," Namjoon said kindly.