Kiss and Makeup

"The situation is going out of hand. Yesterday a few of our staffs were almost attacked when they left the building. At this point we've lost count of how many windows we've repaired. It's.... quite serious." Namjoon looked out of the window to see them holding boards and screaming, shouting.

It didn't take a genius to know what they were demanding for. Another new scandal arose where he was accused to have 'assaulted' Jeongguk with a suggestive comment he made in a video where all the boys were saying perverse shit, jokingly.

Namjoon bit his lips as his eyes fell on one big banner. "So, what do you suggest I should do?"

Bang Si-hyuk's eyes followed his and fell on the banner as well as he got up with a sigh and drew the curtains. "I surely don't suggest what you're thinking. Our management, the fans and the boys are here because you're the one to guide so jeopardizing you or your future is out of question. You're like my own son. Excuse my words but don't be an idiot when you're supposed to use your intelligence."

The producer closed his eyes and massaged his temple for a few seconds. Looking up, he looked at Namjoon with a stern expression. "I suggest you to come out clean to the people."

It was as if something glitched in his brain, Namjoon froze. Did he... hear that right? Did the PD just tell him to come out? To the crowd out there? The same ones who beat drums and held a counter protest during the pride parade? "What?"

Bang Si-hyuk nodded. "That's the only way I can figure out, right now. People are demanding an answer and in order for you to be protected from harm in this situation is declaring your sexual orientation. It won't do good to stay vague when the news outlets have started to spin stories already."

Namjoon stayed silent. To be honest, they didn't have any other way. The Seoul government could protect him on anti-discrimination grounds but that automatically meant that he would have to come out to the general public and their fans. He would have to admit it to the people, as if it was a crime, that he was bisexual. Then he would have to wait for the people to let that sink in thane then they would be the one to decide whether Namjoon would be supported for being himself or not.

"I'll do it." Namjoon looked up. "I've recorded the vocals and as soon as Dohyeong hyung finishes the rest, I'll do it."

Exhaling loudly, Bang Si-hyuk smiled as he patted Namjoon's shoulder. "Kid, I've believed in you and you've brought us all to this level. Just remember, no matter how people respond, we're with you till the end."

And Namjoon realized, maybe all of this wasn't as scary as he thought.

♤♤♤

"So, Kim Namjoon from Bangtan Sonyeodan is reportedly queer, as we know from the pictures that was released. How do you feel about this?"

A young protester, not more than 30, was carrying a huge board with the leader's face on it and with black markers, written, "WE DON'T ACCEPT YOU" spoke up among the chaos. "I don't hate him or his lifestyle, but I sincerely hope he becomes normal as soon as possible. Namjoon-ssi is very intelligent and I love him a lot so I really don't want him to have a hard time. As a fan, it's my duty to guide him when he strays from the healthy values of a human. That's it, I just want him to realize what he's doing is wrong and I'm certain he'll listen; afterall he loves us so much."

The reporter turned to a man and asked the same question. "I've been a fan of Bangtan Sonyeodan since 2014 so I've seen the boys grow up in front of our eyes throughout the years. All I want to say is, this isn't him, this isn't who he is. I know RM does not believe in God but there is a reason he made two different genders and clearly a man is for woman and vice-versa. It is against nature for a man to be with a man and he will bear the consequences. This is just a sickness in mind and he'll heal, I'm sure of it. God will look after him. I'll protest as long as it takes for him to realize that he's in the wrong."