Not made of glass

Jimin didn't know what compelled him to take a walk in the middle of a thunderstorm.

He didn't feel comfortable watching awkward exchanges between Namjoon and Yoongi the past few days. He had seen Namjoon always trying to initiate conversation between them, saying something funny or cute but it was always shut down by Yoongi when he uttered a few half-hearted words or a simple nod in reply.

Something urged him to talk to both his friends about it at the very moment, not wanting to prolonge anything since situations about Namjoon was quite tense at the moment. He couldn't have their leader burden himself with another thing.

So imagine his surprise when he saw Namjoon outside Yoongi's apartment, crouched to the ground, trembling and shivering.

"Hyung, I'm here." He let Namjoon wet his shirt as he hugged his hyung close, holding the umbrella up.

"Come with me, hyung." He led Namjoon by his hand to his own apartment, warm and cozy. He saw Namjoon, eyes rimmed red with unshed tears, sniffle and change into dry clothes with a blanket to cover himself up. Jimin gave him some hot soup and watched as Namjoon sipped in it, blowing before it touched his lips.

The whole thing felt oddly very home to Jimin. With Namjoon in his clothes, in his house, eating food he made, he momentarily forgot all his woes. He felt warm inside but it all paled away when he saw Namjoon fixated in a trance, the tell-tale of a cry bubbling up within him, his lips were wobbling.

Jimin wondered what happened. Namjoon was out alone, crying in the rain while not once did Yoongi call him. As much as Jimin felt jealous of his hyung sometimes, he knew Yoongi was not the kind of person to escalate a fight into such a thing that would lead someone to leave his house in a storm.

Namjoon is the most cool-headed person he knew, calm in every situation, no matter how bad it is.

Without thinking much, he scooted close to his hyung when he finished the soup, hands very cautiously holding his. Namjoon immediately tried to make himself smaller as he leant on his dongsaeng's shoulder.

Jimin felt his heart do a bout. Using his right hand to hold Namjoon's left, he lifted a trembling hand up to hold him on the back. It has been months. Jimin still hasn't been able to move on.

"What," he gulped audibly. "What happened, hyung?"

"Hyung broke up with me." Eventually his body started to shake again with the force of sobs. Jimin tensed.

What...?

Yoongi hyung...

Jimin couldn't believe what he was hearing. Yoongi... just broke up with him? Not once did they have a disagreement. Yoongi has always been the one to speak on Namjoon's behalf, especially in the company, defending him like his life depended on it. Hell, he even fought for Namjoon in any occasion possible, putting him even before himself.

"Ji-Jimin, why did he hurt me this way? I need him the most a-at times like this!" Namjoon's cries were like an arrow to his chest.

And that's how, that night, soaked to core, Jimin found himself on the doorstep of Yoongi's apartment, seething.

"You fucking bastard!" He growled. Before Yoongi even registered what was happening, Jimin had a tight grip on his collar as he almost lifted the older from the ground.

He couldn't find the will in himself to use his fist; not when Yoongi himself looked like he gave up. There were tear tracks running down his face.

"I assume you're here to beat me up? Won't stop you this time. I fucking deserve it but I did what I think is the best for him."