Epilogue

The boys always complained that things changed in the dynamic of Namjoon and Yoongi after being couple for a while.

That Yoongi wasn't affectionate enough to his boyfriend.

That his boyfriend didn't make an effort to change that.

But Namjoon knew better. Maybe Yoongi didn't take him to big flashy dates. Maybe their kisses don't have the same restlessness anymore. Maybe they were mostly silent when they were with each other now.

Even if they rarely went on dates, that never stopped Yoongi from playing the piano in the dripping silence of the rain, with Namjoon watching him with a smile full of love.

They don't kiss each other with the same heat and fire always as much anymore but even the silent kisses they share at night on the bed make them remember how much in love they are in. They're so much sweeter now. A small kiss between their time in the studio. A kiss on the side of the lips when the other had the sauce of pizza there. A stolen kiss when no one stares at them.

Yoongi doesn't talk when it isn't required. And Namjoon finds his peace there when he just settles beside his boyfriend with the chaos in his mind slowly dying.

Maybe after a while they became silent but the love was loud. Yoongi's love for Namjoon was never silent. And only Namjoon could see that; through the fleeting touches in the practice room when both were drained, through the knowing smiles when he saw Namjoon staring at him, through the lingering touches and whisper of his name in a chant in the nights when they both wanted to be impossibly close to each other.

It's been a while since they've been in a relationship and their honeymoon phase is over. Namjoon didn't feel his heart racing anymore when he saw Yoongi. He didn't feel the butterflies anymore when they kissed.

Instead, Namjoon feels his heart calm down at the sight of Yoongi. Maybe the butterflies disappeared, but that didn't take away the calm, serene and secure feeling that blooms in him everytime at the sight of the older. When they cuddle, Yoongi's breaths drifts him to the comfort. When they are together, it didn't feel like a roller coster anymore. It felt like home.

When they sleep, they don't always sleep flushed together, tangled to each other in a way it's hard to tell whose limb is whose.

Instead, they sleep side by side, sometimes facing each other or back at each other. But each time, at the dead of the night, they somehow scoot to each other. And when they wake up at morning, they find themselves gently holding each other.

The "I love you's" they share are rare now. They don't spend a huge lot of time writing huge confessions over the KakaoTalk or say the three words every moment. It's more unexpected now.

Maybe a quiet "I love you" from Yoongi when Namjoon is immersed in his book and the older finds it absolutely beautiful. Maybe a whisper of "I love you" from Namjoon when he sees his hyung dozing off in the studio couch and covers him with a blanket.

After 4 years, it isn't fireworks or sparks anymore. It's a small hum of the comfort rather than loud confessions. The fire isn't physical anymore, but the one at heart, the one that keeps you warm and safe.

After four years of relationship, Namjoon and Yoongi's love isn't a play chase in a field of flowers. After four years, it's a beautiful lullaby.

Maybe that's what love of years does to you.

Together.
Funny word isn't it?
It's not a word I used to fancy... rather I kind of hated it.
Nothing ever stays 'together', do they?