His saving grace

It's been three more months now since Namjoon and Yoongi have been in a relationship. The boys were now used to seeing their small moments of affection here and there. The company still didn't know.

Their date for comeback was nearing so they've all been quite busy shooting and practicing so Namjoon and Yoongi couldn't spend much time alone or go to dates. With so much more pressure on Namjoon now, the younger became a bit moody. Yet seldom did he snap or talk rudely to his hyung and even if he did, he immediately apologized profusely after. Even Yoongi was patient and never really lost his cool. Yeah, they bicker around playfully like they used to do but never ever did it escalate to an argument between them.

They both were quite sensible and handled their relationship maturely.

And it all seemed so perfect.

♤♤♤

"Hyung?"

"Oh, Jiminie? C'mon on, I was waiting for you."

Jimin entered, plopped on Hobi playfully and dropped his notepad on the bed, beside him.

"Oh you completed the lyrics?"

"Yeah. Just made the final adjustments with the songwriters and PD."

Whooping in a small celebration, Hobi opened the notepad to read the lyrics of Jimin's solo, Filter. The smile in his face remained but when he gave a once over the second time, it faltered a little.

팔레트 속 색을 섞어 pick your filter
Mix the colors in the palette, pick your filter

어떤 나를 원해
Which of me do you want

너의 세상을 변화시킬 I’m your filter
Will change your world, I’m your filter

네 맘에 씌워줘
Apply to your heart

(OK) 어때 조금 느낌이 와? 아직 모자라?
(OK) What do you think, are you getting the idea? Is it not enough yet?

(Yes) Girl you have your chance

I can be your Genie

How bout Aladdin?

뭐든 돼 줄게
I will become anything for you

날 골라 쓰면 돼 yeah
You can pick and use one of me, yeah

The lyrics, though seemed playful but carried a strange gut-wrenching sadness in them. Everyone knows Jimin strives for perfection and sometimes would go to enough length that would destroy his health to attain a desirable image.

"Jiminie..." Hobi spoke up but hesitated to utter the next words. "A-Are you– Do you still like Namjoonie?"

Jimin tensed. His first instinct was to curl away but then he shinked back into Hobi's warm embrace. "Hyung..."

"Hm?"

"I love him," he whispered, voice too quiet. Hobi remained silent to let him talk.

"I love him so much, it hurts! I tried to do so much and I hoped maybe, if I tried hard enough, Joon hyung would choose me. H-Hyung what's wrong with me? He loved me before, right? Why can't he now? Like, what if we spend more time together? He has– he has to fall in lo—"