Not behind the closed doors

A/N: Not beta read so there might me mistakes uwu don't focus on them

"It's been a year. I think it's the right time to reveal this to them. Or the longer you stave it off, the worse it get."

Namjoon and Yoongi nodded at Jin's words. It's just a day away from their 1st anniversary as a couple and the company was thinking about revealing their relationship to the fans.
Many were suspecting that they were together and media made Namjoon's sexuality a free pass to find an excuse to try to throw him and other idols, artists, actors, he was remotely friendly with, to ditch.

While the craziness associating Namjoon's sexuality had faded a lot, people still got upset at their favorites being caught in useless mess.

"I think... this will be more acceptable to them this time than Namjoon's coming out," Hobi said.

After a few months of Namjoon's coming out, the whole fandom started getting filtered. People, who chose to love them by picking them apart, left and the ones, who knew that they weren't where they were just like that, joined.

Pride Parades dedicated to Namjoon took place in numerous places, especially in Asian and South Asian countries where their influence had much more impact. Slowly but surely, people were starting to accept him.

There were many downsides but it wasn't entirely bad.

Yoongi's parents eventually started talking to them too. They didn't apologize but Yoongi knew they felt guilty. They still weren't on normal talking terms but atleast there was a progress. Besides, all the boys parents were slowly changing their minds too.

Jeongguk's parents had always been accepting and invited them all to a dinner where Jimin eventually broke down in a phone call and came out to his own parents.
A small argument took place but eventually the confessed that they were scared only because they had seen how Namjoon was treated.

It's okay, though. The progress is slow but it is there; they would get there eventually.

"So. What's your take?"

Namjoon bit his lips as he looked down. Honestly, he had no problem anymore. He stopped caring about what people would think, fans or non-fans— it wasn't like he was doing something wrong.

Also, it wasn't that his own country could take his career away from him. As much as being Queer isn't acceptable in their country, he knew that their contribution on the Korean economy was in trillions so the career of BTS won't be in jeopardy.

"I don't have a problem if hyung doesn't." The thing was, he stopped caring but somewhere, Yoongi did, as much as he denied.

If it took place some months ago, Yoongi would refuse without hesitation. He wasn't fully ready and he wouldn't reveal until he was ready. But now, the hesitation, the doubts, the voices in his head were all silent; he was ready.

"I don't have a problem either."

Namjoon looked at him, kind if surprised as if he didn't expect his hyung to say 'yes'. This was really a big deal.

Coming out to people in a conservative country as someone famous is, no doubt, hard. The Namjoon, who used to be the kid his relatives wanted their children to be, became the Namjoon whose relatives warned their children about.

Family reunions aren't so great anymore but Namjoon got to know who would stay with him for life.

"Hyung, are you sure?"

"More than I'll ever be."

"Then it's settled!" Bang Si-hyuk clapped his hands together. "Post it tomorrow and send me a text when everything calms down. I need a vacation; think I just got twenty years older in less than twelve months."