Chapter 11: New Doctor

Wanda appeared in the middle of the complex area of Powell Estate. She blinked around in confusion, wondering why she was back here again. She, at first, thought that maybe she had appeared back on the same day, but then shook her head at her silly thoughts. That could not happen . . . could it? Could she teleport back to the same days her past self was already currently in? Maybe. It would be a paradox. But then again, she was a walking paradox herself in a way.

She heard the TARDIS engines in a distant and the excited voice of Mickey and Jackie. Wanda smiled brightly, happy to see the Doctor and the others again. The smiled dropped when she saw the TARDIS banging around the different buildings and almost smashing into a moving van. It landed in a thump a good distance away from Wanda, knocking down a bunch of bins. She watched as Ten opened the doors and leaned against them clumsily. She sucked in a breath when she saw how he still wore Nine's clothing.

She remained in her spot, feeling scared for the first time since being in this new body. This was the Doctor right after Bad Wolf. She knew how later Ten said he had forgiven her, but she still could not forgive herself. She hated that she had let Rose and the Doctor down so badly. Even if some might think of her as silly, saying how it was meant to happen, she still hated it. She wished she could have at least been there for Nine as he regenerated. She felt glad to know Rose had been the one to help see Nine off.

Wanda watched as Ten, the new Doctor, stared around in a light daze. He saw Jackie and Mickey who stood in front of the TARDIS. He rambled on some. Then he held onto them, beaming away before promptly fainting to the ground. Wanda rushed forward, forgetting that he was going to do that. Rose stepped out as Wanda reached them.

"What happened? Is he all right?" Rose asked quickly. She blinked in surprise when she saw Wanda there. "Oh, Wanda! Something's happened! I don't know what, but the Doctor . . . he did something to himself."

"He's regenerated, Rose," Wanda explained, crouching down next to Ten. She gently brushed his messy brown hair, staring down in concern at him.

"He what?" Rose asked in bewilderment.

"But who is he?" Mickey asked them. "Where's the Doctor?"

"That is the Doctor silly," Wanda said. She tapped the Doctor's face lightly. "Same idiot as ever."

"What do you mean?" Jackie questioned in bewilderment. "How could that possibly be him? He doesn't even look like the same man."

"Oh, come on you guys," Wanda huffed loudly, staring at them in disbelief. "You've all seen me in with different faces loads of times. Well . . . at least," she pointed at Rose and Mickey," you two have. You should know by now that he can do the same thing, too. He's just more constant than I am."

"But . . . he just . . .," Rose tried to speak. "He never mentioned . . ."

"Rose, he said it the first time you travelled with us. Our species change faces. It's perfectly normal," Wanda sighed some, realizing they must be freaking out about the sudden change as they had in the show. She would have assumed they would have acted differently in this universe now that she was here with her sudden changing faces all the time. They had seemed so welcoming to the fact that she jumped around with many faces. So, why would the Doctor be any different? Maybe it was the fact that he was so constant with the one face that they had grown accustom to it. Believing it would never change. So when it came time to the Doctor finally getting a new face, they did not know how to react or handle the abrupt transformation.

"Then, what's wrong with him?" Jackie asked, staring down to the unconscious Doctor with worriment.

"He's just going through the regeneration cycle. He needs to rest for a while," Wanda explained, pulling up one of the Doctor's arms around her shoulders. "Help me would you, Mickey?"