Chapter 51: The Grave Discovered

Clara slowly woke up upon the floor in hearing the distant voice of the Doctor. She blinked sleepily, having just woken up from a strange encounter. Some strange people by the name of Madame Vastra, Jenny Flint, Strax, and the famous Professor River Song. Which, Clara had to admit to the Professor that the way the Doctor went on about her at times as though Rive had been a male. Of course, the only way Clara actually knew that River was always a female was because of Wanda making certain the companion knew the full truth. And when Clara had told River this, the woman had laughed loudly, saying that the Doctor always did consider her 'one of the guys' as the Professor had put it. And then Clara had noticed the very fond smile when the companion mentioned the two Time Lords in their way of explaining the past friendship with the Professor.

It had been quite the strangest thing to Clara, being within some dream state with the group. All discussing some sort of information a man, Clarence DeMarco, sentenced to death had given Vastra. Something about time coordinates, the Doctor's greatest secret and how he would take it to the grave. There was even a brief mention of Wanda by the man. Stating, 'The Wanderer's end draws near.' Though, this seemed to be more of a slip by DeMarco's part. As if, it had not been tended to be said at all. Or as if it was something else had pushed him to say it. Then, to the end of the conversation, Vastra mentioned how the man spoke of Trenzalore.

Clara had been greatly shocked by the reaction of River. The woman seemed to go into a panic, saying how the Doctor and Wanda must never go there. The woman looked utterly terrified in thinking either one of the Time Lords was heading for that place. Then, things sort of spiraled out of control from there. Jenny said someone was in her and Vastra's home and had killed her. River hurriedly told everyone to wake up, then strange white beings in black Victorian suits surrounded the Professor and Clara. Now, the girl simply lay on the floor stunned by everything.

"Am I getting warm? Angie? Artie? Am I getting warm?"

Clara sat up quickly when hearing the Doctor calling out distantly in the house. Shaking her head, she tried to wave off the leftover effects of the soporific drug that Vastra had used to put Clara in the trance dream state in the first place. The girl hurriedly stood up and walked down the stairs, in a hurry to get to the Time Lord for the urgent situation. The Doctor was found with a blindfold over his eyes and searching through the house for Angie and Artie, the two kids that Clara was a nanny to. She frowned upon the silly sight of the Doctor playing the game finding the children.

"Doctor," she said.

"Ha! Clara! How are you?" he asked, his head moving about as if to search where she was, though clearly having troubles with the blindfold on. He gave a beaming smile like an excited child. "Don't worry. Everything is under control." Clara blinked at him, raising a brow at his odd behavior. Though, then again, it was the Doctor. Not exactly as odd as it could have been.

"What are you doing?" she asked him out of curiosity to his actions.

"Oh, um . . . Mr. Maitland went next door, so I said I'd look after the kids," he explained, finally turning to her though not facing her quite properly with his face directed at the wall beside her. He waved his hands around like normal as he talked. "Uh, they wanted to go to the cinema but I said, 'No.' I said, 'No, not until you wake up.' I was very firm."

Clara nodded somewhat, seeing what happened. "At which point they suggested Blind Man's Bluff."

"Yes. Where are they?" The Doctor moved his head around as if scanning for them.

Clara went down the rest of the stairs, pulling off his blindfold, giving him a look of humour. "At the cinema."

The Doctor blinked, then his expression turn to of shock and disbelief. "The little Daleks!"