Chapter 47: Stolen Worlds

They sat around the table laughing, enjoying the wonderful day that they just had on a planet with a beautiful pink ocean and delicious food. Donna and Wanda had spent the day swimming around in the warm waters while the Doctor had gone off to do something or another. Wanda was not sure what exactly, but their companion kept giggling and looking excited. It had been sometime after their adventure on the Ood planet, and the Doctor had been acting nervous lately. Wanda was not sure what exactly, but she felt like it might have something to do with her. Especially after she told him she loved him. That seemed to have lifted his spirits so high and he would stop beaming when she told him her current age of ninety-five.

"So, the next thing we know, the whole building was shaking and Wanda comes barreling into the room with a potato and drill in hand," the Doctor continued to tell his story as they sat around the dinner table of the restaurant by the beach. "Now, you'd think the warning I gave the Agdilt about Wanda that they might have listened, but . . . well, let's just say, we're never going back to that planet."

"And it wasn't because of my potato bomb, either," Wanda added in. "Someone had to tamper with their computers and give them a virus that makes all the machines laugh and make fun of their users." Donna snorted and laughed while the Doctor shrugged with a grin.

"Well, they shouldn't have tried to kidnap us in the first place," he said.

"No, they just kidnapped you. And that was only because you were being rude again and insulted them," Wanda replied, reaching over to grab a small cake for desert.

"I did not. Well, I mean . . . maybe a little. All I said was if they were going to act like a bunch of Irklertiums then I might as well shove a—."

"Doctor! Language!" Wanda gave him smack on the back of the head, making both him and Donna laugh. She rolled her eyes at them and was about to take a bite of her cake when she noticed something on it. A silver ring stuck up from the top. She frowned, wondering why the kitchens put a ring on the cake. Was it a normal thing on this planet? But when she glanced to the other cakes she saw none on them.

"Doctor, why is there a ring on my cake?" she asked curiously. She smiled hesitantly. "Did I just get lucky and found the special cake or something?" She chuckled, looking at him to see a warm smile on his face, a swimming mixture of emotions in his eyes. Glancing at Donna, the woman seemed to be holding in great excitement. Wanda blinked. "What? Am I missing something here?"

"Wanda," the Doctor spoke softly. He took the ring out of the cake while Wanda stared at him with great confusion. But before he had a chance to explain what the ring meant or was, just as he began to open his mouth, the warmth and white light started up. The Doctor and Donna's face both dropped with great disappointment upon the sight of the light around Wanda.

"Well, I guess I'll see you guys later," Wanda said, smiling and giving him a quick kiss before transporting away. The look on his face though, was nothing happy. His expression spoke of his once high spirits had been crushed. Wanda felt her eyes wavering as the white light whisked her away.

She fell back onto the TARDIS grated floor of the control room. The whole ship rocked around wildly as she heard Ten and Donna speaking rapidly and in anxious tones. Both looked in a state of worriment and desperation to succeed in something.

"What's going on?" Wanda asked as she stumbled up to her feet. The TARDIS tiltled around greatly, making it hard for her to stand properly.

"Wanda! Oh, thank goodness you're here," Donna cried. She went over to the Time Lady, giving her a hug, then pulling back to look Wanda in the face. "Please, tell me they're all right. Tell me my family's fine." Donna stared at Wanda, looking ready to cry or plead for her family's life. Blinking rapidly, Wanda glanced between the woman and the Doctor who was too busy steering the TARDIS.