Chapter 24: Crashing London

Wanda leaned against a graffiti wall of Powell Estate. She hummed lightly and waited patiently for the Doctor's arrival. At least, she hoped he would be arriving soon. She might have landed in a spot where she just missed him by a few minutes. That happened more often than she would have liked. There had been many occasions where she landed in a dangerous location from where the Doctor had left. Leaving her on her own to defend herself. Luckily, she had many tricks up her sleeve to keep safe, and usually she would not stick around in those sorts of locations of very long. Mostly only a few short minutes.

She looked over down the way when hearing the TARDIS engine. She watched as the ship slowly materialized, blowing around stray papers and trash as the old girl came into view. She saw Rose and Nine step out, noting that neither one looked very happy. Wanda was glad to see Nine again. She had really missed him. And she most definitely missed the no drama with love and impending relationships. At least with him, they really were just friends.

"How long have I been gone?" Wanda heard Rose ask the Doctor, looking at her flat's direction.

"About twelve hours," Nine replied gruffly, leaning against the TARDIS with his arms crossed.

"Oh," Rose responded lightly, not laughing in delight as she had in the show. She sighed heavily. "Right, I won't be long. I just want to see my mum." She started off to her place.

"Okay, then," the Doctor said, not really caring.

"Oh, don't you disappear," Rose told him, looking stern back to him. "I don't think Wanda would like it if you leave me behind."

The Doctor merely grunted in a reply. Rose rolled her eyes and jogged off to her mum's. The Doctor watched her leave, making sure that she was completely out of sight and did not see him any longer. He then promptly wiped his hands together as if brushing off dirt and turn back to the TARDIS. He opened the door and went to step inside.

"Oi! Don't even think about leaving Rose!" he heard Wanda's voice shout at him. He paused in the doorway, peeking around the side to see his Wanda leaning against a nearby wall. He felt happy for a second to see his friend and real companion. Then he grew angry in remembering what mess she had left him with.

"Where were you?" he snapped angrily, stepping back out from the TARDIS. "I needed you around to help me and you left me with . . . that." He waved around his hand to Rose's direction. "Not only that, but there were other 'Wandas' that just had to go and ruin everything. Why didn't you warn me there were other 'yous' running around and messing with things?"

"I'm sorry; I forgot to mention there were two incarnations of me jumping around, too. That was careless of me not to prepare you for that," she replied, moving away from the wall to walk up closer to him. She felt guilt well up inside for being so lacking in not easing his mind in knowing there were others to come. That was her own mistake and she should be punished for it. Not Rose, nor the other two Wandas. Especially not First Wanda. She was still so young and innocent; she had nothing to do with what her future self's faults.

Current Wanda let out a puff of air, frowning some at the Doctor. "But really? They 'ruined things'?"

"Yes," he barked out. "That chestnut one was a skittish moron, and don't even get me started on the blonde one." He paused for a moment, thinking on the blonde-haired girl that had been with him recently. He did feel somewhat sorry for her on the way she left off. But still . . . she was nothing compared to his Wanda. "I'm just glad you're past all those incarnations."

"Doctor, I'm Second Wanda. The blonde one is me in the future."

He blinked. So . . . the blonde girl had not been kidding. But she had been so young in looks compared to his Wanda. He was sure his Wanda would have stuck around the same age range with regeneration as he did. "Oh. Well . . . it doesn't matter. The point is—."