Chapter 18: Deadlock

Wanda sat grumbling on the couch as she watched some telly. She actually had been able to stay overnight with Amy and Rory. It would have been a lot nicer if . . . Rory's 'talk' had not ruined her mind forever. Now, all she will think of was both of them, in the TARDIS, with no bunk beds around. Agh! It was like imagining her parents doing that sort of thing of Pete's sake. And they both thought she wanted to do something like that with the Doctor? As well as the Doctor wanting that from her? As if.

Well, she now knew why she never truly understood some of the jokes from the Doctor Who show. And the reason why Shelly would always laugh at her whenever Wanda would ask innocently what River or Jack or even the Doctor were talking about on one or two occasions. The innuendos the characters would always give to certain topics. Shelly had always responded with the same thing, saying, 'Just wait until your parents explain it to you one day. Then you'll finally understand.' And as she had always done, Shelly would end this statement with a wink. Wanda let out a puff of air. Well, she understood it all now. At least she had gotten a good night's sleep. Or, to say, mostly tried to get a good night's sleep. She struggled somewhat falling and staying asleep without the Doctor there with her.

It was not really that she did not appreciate what Amy and Rory had done for her. Well, what Rory did for her anyway. It was good that she knew the facts fully, and she was truly grateful that they had been so willing to help her understand the 'facts' of life. As well as Wanda actually was very glad it had been Amy and Rory to help her discuss such topics. God forbid if it had been Rose . . . or River . . . or Martha, Donna, Clara, or any of the other companions of the group. Or even worse: the Doctor. Wanda gulped heavily, shaking her head quickly at just imagining how incredibly awkward that would have been with him in particular. Yep, she was most certainly glad it had been Amy and Rory talking to her about these subject matters. But still . . . the darn imagines. Blah!

"You'll get over it eventually. We were all there once, too," Amy spoke up, coming in from the kitchen with a bowl of cereal. The ginger plopped down next to the Time Lady, munching away on her cereal as they watched the telly. "We all had the talk, and all had the same shock."

"You have no idea what I'm thinking right now," Wanda grumbled, tightening her crossed arms as she sulked heavily.

"That your parents had done the same thing once?" Amy remarked, giving a smirk. Wanda blinked, and then pouted.

"All right, so you do know what I'm thinking," Wanda replied.

"Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's how you were—."

"I'm not listening! La-la-la-la!" Wanda plugged her ears, trying to drown out Amy and keep her over activate imagination at bay. Dang it! Freaking bunk beds from now on for both Amy and Rory!

Amy merely snorted, continuing to munch on her breakfast.

Wanda sighed heavily, staring up to the ceiling. She closed her eyes, going over her thoughts. So . . . she realized now and has come to the conclusion that . . . it was indeed no longer a crush she held for the Doctor. She really did . . . love him. Evening thinking over her love made her hearts speed up. She felt . . . nice in thinking of love for him. She loved him dearly. With all her hearts.

But this does not mean she may still present said love for him. It would have to stay one of her deepest and darkest secrets. Never to let him find out the truth which lay in her hearts. And so she knew what she must do. She must dig these true emotions and feelings down and bury them deeply. Never to allow them to see the light of day. Never to allow their true nature out ever again. Never again would she kiss the Doctor or allow them to become as close as they had. They were friends and it must remain that way. For River's sake. Wanda had already ruin Rose's chances. She would not do the same to River. The future wife deserved to be happy with her husband.