Chapter 48: The Meta-Crisis Born

She's really, really sorry about that. She never wanted to hurt you, you being her Honey and all. But it was the only way to grant your wish.

Wanda groaned as her mind went in and out of consciousness. She heard the TARDIS breaking up and being destroyed around her while Donna screamed in terror. The voice of Bad Wolf spoke as strong as ever within her mind. Where had the entity gone to in all this time? Wanda had almost forgotten that the entity existed.

Bad Wolf? Wanda groaned.

The one and only. replied the impossible entity. Once again, apologizes sent from Sexy. That backlash was more powerful than she expected. Wanda felt the room around her shaking violently.

What . . . what happened? Wanda asked, feeling herself fading out of consciousness once more.

We decided to grant your wish. You wanted Rose Tyler to have a happy ending. And so, that is what she'll receive. Might actually help you stop feeling so guilty and being such a drag for the Doctor. Seriously, you need to actually be selfish once and a while and take your man for yourself. I'd know I would have jumped at the chance in being with someone I love if I had the choice to.

I can't. Wanda felt her mind fading back in, hearing the destruction still going around her. It was taking longer than she would have thought for them to die. I'm the corruption of time, remember?

Alternate timeline. Bad Wolf spoke in a singsong voice. You got to remind yourself of that. In this universe, you are the one meant for the Doctor. Not Rose or River or anyone else. You. Get that straight, silly. Or, wait, you probably can't since you're so damn naïve. God, you're like a child. Oh, wait . . . you basically are still one. I keep forgetting that. And I don't think Alpha really helps much, either. She has stubborn and forgiveness issues.

Now Wanda knew the entity was just teasing and messing with her mind. There was no way River was not meant for the Doctor. They had been so perfect together on the show. They were the best husband and wife. A match made for each other. Wanda held no standards to the marvelous wife of the Doctor. River was perfect for him, while Wanda was not. And she never could be. Then, as she was thinking this, she heard Bad Wolf scoffing in her mind, and Wanda could have sworn she could 'feel' the entity rolling her eyes.

The breaking sound of a glass container is what brought Wanda fully back. She snapped up from the floor with a loud gasp, seeing the destruction and fire still going on around her. Donna lay gasping away from the once together container for the hand, now broken into pieces with a glowing hand twitching on the ground. Wanda stumbled up onto her feet, going over to the TARDIS console and quickly sent the ship away from the core, just as it was about to be consumed. The engine kicked up unsteadily, but managed to materialize away to a safe location in space. The old girl immediately started to repair herself, fixing up the destroyed pillars and console. It was only take a few minutes for a full fixing before Sexy would be ready for action.

"Wanda," Donna breathed over beside her, staring off in amazement. Wanda turned to see what the woman was looking at. The glowing hand had suddenly become a golden energy surrounding a body. Then the light whisked away, leaving only the Tenth, Meta-Crisis, Doctor. He sat up with a start, blinking around at the two of them in a daze. He looked at Donna, then at Wanda, and then back to Donna, seeming to be taking both of them in carefully. They could see the wheels turning in his head as he seemed to be trying to grasp onto something important. He then gave a sharp shake of his head and blinked once more.

"Blimey, is it cold in here," he suddenly said, sounding causal in his tone. Wanda and Donna both blinked at him. Donna averted her eyes and Wanda's face lit up bright red.