Chapter 55: Kiss of Death

Mels lay on Amy's bed, with a blue, toy police phone box in her hand as she stared up at the ceiling above within her childhood friend's room. She sighed in frustration as Amy had her arms crossed and stared sternly down at her. Mels also felt the strict gaze of Rory who was present in the room as well.

"It was late. I took a bus," Mels explained to them both.

"Uh, you stole a bus," Rory pointed out, sitting down in a chair across from the bed.

"Who steals a bus?" Amy added, scoffing greatly at her friend's lack of control. Mels rolled her eyes, holding up blue toy box in her hands, spinning around the handmade collectable Amy had made during her childhood for her imaginary friends.

"I returned it," Mels replied as if she had done nothing wrong. Which, in fact, she had not. All she did was drive the bus to where she needed it. It was not as if she had caused any damage or anything. Besides that, it was also not as if it had been the first time she stole something when she needed it. She stole a plane once to fly to England. Stealing a bus was nothing.

"You drove it through the Botanical Gardens," Rory scolded her. Mels rolled her eyes again. Okay, maybe she did cause some damage. But the police over exaggerated it.

"Shortcut," Mels told him, smirking some.

"Why can't you just act like a person? Hmm? Like a normal, legal person?" questioned Amy, highly annoyed by her friend's behaviour and lack of guilt for her actions.

"I don't know. Maybe I need a Doctor," Mels retorted. Amy grabbed the toy from Mels hands.

"Stop it," Amy scolded her, walking away with the toy. Mels crossed her arms, huffing greatly.

"Or maybe I need a Wanderer," she muttered under her breath.

"Uh, I'd better go. I'm on earlies tomorrow," Rory spoke up, standing up from the chair and gathering his bag.

"It's all right for you," Mels told them. "You've got Mr. Perfect keeping you right." Amy tossed the toy in her hands up in the air lightly.

"He's not even real, just a stupid dream when I was a kid," Amy responded. Mels rolled her eyes once again as Amy tossed her the toy. This time Mels felt annoyance to Amy's naivety.

"No, I wasn't talking about him," Mels retorted, grounding out the 'him.' She gave a knowing look at Rory. Amy followed her friend's eyes.

"What, Rory?" Amy asked. Rory had been about to leave, but stopped short in the doorway of the room. Amy snorted at Mels' comment. "How have I got Rory?" Rory hesitated, wondering if he should speak up.

"Yeah, how—how has she got me?" Rory questioned with uncertainty. But with a small glimmer of hope within him jumped forward in anticipation in where this might led him. He turned, looking at the two females within the room.

"He's not mine," Amy stated. Rory glanced at Amy, then looked down at the ground.

"No . . . No. I'm not hers," he mumbled.

"Oh, come on, seriously, it's got to be you two," Mels told them in frustration of their stupid behaviour in denying each other. They both continued to stare at their friend in either anxiety or confusion, making Mels roll her eyes for the millionth time that night. "Oh, cut to the song. It's getting boring."

This always aggravated her the most. People who clearly denied themselves to the ones they loved, or people who were too naïve for their own good. It made her always want to help oblivious people like this and just push them into their lovers arms, demanding that they just get it over with and marry already.