Chapter 29: A Date in Venice

Wanda appeared in the TARDIS right next to Rory who seemed to jump clear out of his skin. There she goes again scaring someone on arrival.

"Who the heck are you?" he asked in alarm. Wanda pouted some.

"Don't tell me you haven't met me yet," she replied. She glanced over, seeing a nervous pacing Amy, and Eleven hanging underneath the glass floor of the control room. He seemed to be doing some more fixing that does not need fixing. Boy, did she love watching him tinker. She sure was glad to have gotten him into that habit. She smiled and walked over to crouch above the Doctor.

"Doctor, has Rory met me yet?" she asked. There were a few sparks in surprise came from the console above as he jumped slightly. He quickly removed his goggles and gave her the brightest smile. She smiled back. It had been a very long time since she had seen Eleven. Many months. She really did miss the bowtie-loving Doctor.

"Rory? Oh, yes, he's met you," he answered cheerfully. He blinked for a moment, seeming to think." Oh, no, wait, you meant this you. No, I don't think he has, actually. You know, Donna was right. We really should make a catalog of all your faces and show everyone in the beginning." Wanda laughed. She bounced up, going over to Rory to give his hand a shake.

"I'm Second Wanda. Nice to meet you," she spoke brightly. Rory sort of blinked dumbly.

"Right," he said slowly. He glanced over to Amy. "Um, am I missing something? Wasn't Wanda . . . blonde?"

"She changes faces," Amy replied, continuing her nervous pacing while biting her fingernails.

Wanda noticed how the girl would not quite look at her directly. Giving only quick side glances. Almost as if Amy were worried by Wanda's presence. The Time Lady frowned slightly, wondering why the red head was having this reaction to her. The last time Wanda had been with the red head companion, first time Amy had met Wanda's new Second self (quite a shock for the ginger on Wanda's changing-face), had been at Churchill's bunker. Not so fun times with Daleks and World War II. Luckily everything had turned out all right in the end.

The companion and Wanda had even had a nice chat of sorts afterwards. But the conversation slowly led to Amy questioning Wanda over her emotions for the Doctor which the Time Lady quickly denied there being any. To which Amy herself denied any of her own feelings being completely there for Rory. This only confused Wanda, making her wonder why the ginger girl seemed so uncertain over Rory's clear love for her. Wanda had always assumed both Amy and Rory loved each other completely. It was always how it had been within the show back home. So it felt odd seeing a very confused Amy on whether or not she truly loved her nurse. By the end of the conversation from the World War II bunker, Wanda silently thought of Amy being rather bizarre and strange in her denial of Rory's love. Wanda could never even imagine the two of them to ever not be together and in love. Unbeknownst to her during that moment in time, Amy had been thinking of the same thing about the Time Lady and the Doctor.

"Right, changing-faces," Rory muttered. He looked back at Wanda. "Do you do that often?"

"Nah, only have two other faces. You'll get used to it," Wanda responded, smiling and giving him a pat on the shoulder. "Have you been told about the parallel universe yet?"

"Yeah. You said how you're from another universe where there's a show that was this universe," he responded. "Did I get that right? You didn't give much of an explanation last time."

"Yep! You got it right on the dot," she brightly smiled at him. "You are as clever as ever. Much more clever than the Doctor. Cuter, too."

"Oi! I heard that!" the Doctor called out from under floor. Wanda laughed merrily, sending Rory a wink when seeing his confused expression before walking off. Rory frowned slightly, still looking as though he had many questions to which needed answered.