Photography

I was out for a walk while my sister Zoe was at University. I took my camera out with me so I could take more pictures and post them on my Instagram. I need to get a second job so I can help pay for the Uni funds. But no one seems to want me as a photographer, not even Fox News.

After being in the rangers, I moved to Chicago to live with my mom and my sister. My mom was dying and even I couldn't save her but I could be there for her. So I was, I was by her side when she passed, holding my younger sister in my arms. I became a cop so I could help people again but it doesn't pay as well as I thought it would. I've been trying for 2 years now to become a detective but no one will take me.

I was in a small run down neighbourhood. The place looked abandoned, there were no cars, let alone any sound so I moved to a different neighbourhood that was more lively.

The houses were surrounded by green fields and colourful flowers. A group of 5 people caught my eye, distracting me from the flowers.

*Jay's Pov*

"Adam and Antonio will you please for once just shut up!" Shouted Kevin.

"We shouldn't be out on the streets! We should be looking at that drug house." Argued Adam.

"We can't just walk in there with our badges and guns and say 'hello drug dealers.'" Said Antonio.

"Yeah and why not?"

"Because they won't give us anything. It will only highlight to the other gangs that we are onto them."

"Or you could shout at the plan in a dodgy neighbourhood so everyone knows what we're doing." I snapped.

"Hank put me in charge so what I say goes!" Shouted Antonio.

"We don't always listen to Hank so why should I listen to you?" Shouted back Adam.

Kevin and I were walking when Kim stopped infront of us and turned around. She had a strange look on her face like she had found something but didn't want to say it out loud.

"What's wrong?" Kevin whispered.

"There's a girl in the blue pick up at 3 o'clock. She's been taking pictures of us for about 10 minutes." She whispered back.

"I'm just saying! This is wasting our time!"

"For the love of God will you two just shut up for like two minutes!" I shouted.

Antonio walked away from Adam to join us in our little huddle. We told him about the girl and he walked over to tell Adam.

"We should walk over and ask her some questions." Suggested Adam.

"No. Are you dumb?" Said Antonio.

"Raise your hands if we go with Adam's plan?" Asked Kim.

We all raised our hands apart from Antonio. He just waved us off as he sat down on the curb and called Hank.

We walked over to the girl and as soon as she saw us through her lens, she dropped the camera and tried to start her car but was unable to find her keys. She kept looking around but Adam had reached her side when she went to turn the ignition.

"Don't do that." He said.

"Hey officers, what can I do for you?" She smiled.

"Can we see your License and ID please?" Smiled Adam.

"Um, my License is not on me at the moment but let me just grab my ID." She said as she went into her bag.

As she turned back to give Adam her ID, she turned on the ignition and sped off. Adam went to run for the car but I put my hand out to stop him.

"Don't bother." I said.

"What do you mean don't bother? She just drove off and she's taking pictures of us!" He shouted.

"One case at a time!" Snapped Antonio as he stepped infront of Adam but bumped into him a little.

"Don't touch me!" Adam shouted.

"Not this again." Kevin sighed.

"I didn't mean to."

"We need to go after her!" Said Adam as he took the keys out of Antonio's hands.

"No! We don't have time! They've just found another body." Argued Antonio.

"Oh well if we went to that drug house then maybe they would still be alive." Said Adam.

"It's got nothing to do with drugs!" Shouted Antonio.

"Will you two shut up before I fire both of you!?" Shouted Hank as he stepped in between Antonio and Adam.

"If it's got nothing to do with drugs then what does it have to do with?" Asked Kim.

"Some old family rivalry. They set the house on fire to get back at the other family. Arson Investigation have taken over."

"Does that mean we can focus on the girl?" Asked Adam.

"Yes Adam, we can look into her." Sighed Hank.

"We have her caught on our body cams so I think we have a pretty big lead." Said Kevin.

There was something about her that made me feel like I knew her. I think she knew me too, she looked in my direction and smiled before she had driven off.

We all went back to the district to try and figure out who she was but had no luck because none of our bodycams worked in the area that we were in.

"We'll pick this up tomorrow. Go home guys." Said Hank.

I couldn't go home just yet. I was meeting Will to help him shop for a Barbeque that he was having on the weekend with everyone from 51, med and the unit. Even Hank was going which was a suprise.

"Hey, bro. How was work?" I asked Will as he met me with a shopping trolley.

"It was alright. We had no deaths today which was good." He smiled. "How was your day?"

"Bad. Hank was off somewhere so Antonio took over and Adam wasn't happy about it. Our case was solved but it was handed off to Arson Investigation. And we had some woman drive off when we were talking to her."

"Eventful." Will said as he caught me looking at some girl who was struggling to pack her bags.

"Hey, let me give you a hand." I smiled as I went over to her.

"No, it's okay."

"Honestly let me help you."

"It's fine." She smiled.

"Please, I don't mind."

"I said I'm fine!" She snapped.

"I'm sorry about him." Said Will as he pulled me away.