The Meeting

I met Jordan outside like I said I would and then we proceeded to walk inside and up to Intelligence. The whole Unit was there which made Jordan hide her hand in her coat pocket as she stood there awkwardly.

"You must be the girl Will was telling me about."

"Yeah. Hi." She smiled awkwardly.

"I'm Sargent Hank Voight." He said as he reached out his hand for Jordan to shake.

"Jordan Hernandez." She said, shaking his hand.

"Nice to meet you. We'll talk in my office."

We stepped into his office and Hank took a seat infront of her. It was really warm in his room so we both removed our jackets.

"So, what makes you want to become a detective?"

"I've always wanted to be one but instead I went to the rangers and then became a cop after I left."

"Oh, one of our detectives was a ranger too."

"Yeah, Jay Halstead." She said.

"You know him?"

"Something like that."

"So, why is it that no one will take you?"

"Because of this." She said as she showed Voight her bionic hand that was hiding under the table.

Hank didn't know what to say so just stared in shock.

"I know. It shocks most people."

"No, I think it's great." Hank smiled.

"Most people ask how I can hold a gun. Or how it works."

"I want you on my team. We're always looking for new material."

"I'm not going to be a science project that everyone gets to look at and brag about."

"I want you because my old partner who passed away always gave people a chance, no matter what their story was. He helped me learn that too."

"People are going to judge though and wonder if I can even protect my partner, which I can."

"As police, we have learned not to judge people's backgrounds and we respect people's pasts, no matter what they are."

"I'll take your offer then. I'll join your team."

"I'll be happy to have you. Oh and I've read about you."

"I'm sorry?"

"Your the cop who found three abducted officers, along with 5 missing children."

"I never put my name in that news article."

"I know people, on and off the force. They like you. They said you'd make a great detective."

"Oh. Thanks."

"You start tomorrow. You already have a gun but I'll get you a detective badge for tomorrow." Hank said.

"You don't want to know anything about my hand?" Questioned Jordan.

"I want you because you're good police but I do want to ask a few questions."

"Yeah course. What's up?"

"Has it ever malfunctioned?"

"Yeah it did yesterday but this is a brand new one to replace the 15 year old one."

"You said it was only a few years." I said.

"Same thing."

"Not really." I said.