Warning signs

*No One's Pov*

Jordan and Jay both woke up at 10:00 and went out for a run. When they got back, Will and Zoe were putting on their shoes to go out for lunch.

"Do you guys want to join us?" Asked Will.

"I can't. I said I would meet up with Kelly to grab some stuff from my apartment and then we're going out." Said Jordan.

"That's alright. You?" Said Zoe, looking towards Jay.

"No,I can't. I'm meeting some of the boys for football."

"Ok. Well you both enjoy. See you later." Said Zoe as they walked out the door.

"Be safe. I'll see you later, yeah." Said Jay to Jordan.

"Yeah see you later."

Jay walked downstairs and got into his car to meet the boys. When Jay arrived, Kevin and Antonio were already playing football and cracking open the beer. Adam arrived shortly after Jay had pulled up and brought some chicken wings from KFC. They all sat down on some deck chairs to eat and chat.

"So, how are you and Jordan?" Asked Adam

"Yeah we're all right. We laid out some rules with the other."

"What kind of rules?" Laughed Kevin.

"Just like no sex when each other is home."

"So, you and Jordan have had sex?" Asked Antonio.

"No we haven't. It's awkward. I don't know."

"What don't you know?" Asked Adam.

"Exactly." Said Antonio.

"Bro, you two love each other." Said Kevin, taking a sip of beer.

"As friends." Said Jay.

"You are lying to yourself and so is Jordan. We've seen the way you look at each other."

"Oh yeah. Like what, Adam?"

"Like you can't get her off your mind."

"Everytime someone mentions her name or she walks in the room, your face lights up like a Christmas tree." Added Antonio.

"You've already kissed." Said Kevin.

"No we haven't."

"We know about you guys acting to be horny teenagers." Said Adam.

"How?"

"Hank got the footage and released it to all of us." Laughed Antonio.

"Oh great."

"If you don't go for her, someone else will. Someone like Kelly."

"Well he did take her virginity." Laughed Antonio.

"No he didn't." Said Jay.

"And you know this because?"

"Because you guys are winding me up."

"Yeah we are. I don't have a clue who took her virginity." Said Antonio.

"Where is she currently?"

"Grabbing stuff from her apartment with Kelly."

"See, he's gonna take her."

"He's dating Stella!"

"So?"

"Come on. We're here to play ball aren't we?" Said Jay as he grabbed the ball, followed by the boys.

When Jordan got to her apartment, the door was already open. She raised her gun at shoulder height as she pushed the door open slightly. She got behind the kitchen island, as she heard footsteps in the guest room. The steps got closer as she crawled to the side of the kitchen island before standing up and aiming her gun at the person.

"Woah! What are you doing?" Shouted Kelly as he put his arms up.

"I thought you would at least text me and tell me you were here instead of just barging in."

"I was checking your apartment for intruders."

"Why? I'm the one with the gun."

"Why do you have your gun? You're not even working today."

"Because I have a target on my back and I want to be safe."

"Okay. Well can you now put it down, considering it's me."

Jordan lowered her gun and then put it back into the back of her jeans. They started in the bedroom, Jordan was packing up some more clothes, mainly underwear and socks. She also grabbed some more pajamas and the pictures that were on her nightstand. Kelly grabbed some of her stuff from the bathroom, like a few more towels and some hair wraps.

"Can you grab some of my facemasks from the drawer?"

"Of course." Said Kelly.

Jordan and Kelly had just finished collecting stuff from the bedroom when there was a knock at the door. Kelly looked through the peep hole to see some nerdy looking guy wearing glasses, a blue work top and khaki coloured trousers. Jordan stood behind Kelly with her gun raised as he opened the door.

"I'm just a delivery person, please don't shoot me!" He cried as he dropped to his knees and put his hands in front of his face.

"Sorry. It's just protection. I'm a cop."

"Oh. Well here's you parcel." He said with shaky hands as he handed the small box over.

"What is it?" Asked Kelly after he shut the door.

"I don't know. I don't think I've ordered anything."

Jordan grabbed a knife and cut the tape on it. As she opened the box, there was a foul smell inside.

"Ah!" Shouted Jordan as she jumped back.

"What the hell is that?!" Kelly exclaimed.

"I don't know but there's a picture underneath."

Kelly looked into the box again before reaching in and grabbing the photo out. He chucked it on the top and washed his hands.

"Ew. Fish guts."

"Oh my god. Is that-?"

"-Zoe. Call her, now."

Jordan grabbed her phone an put it on speaker so Kelly could hear.

Hey, Jordan. How is the sorting going?

Where are you?

What?

Where are you!?

Okay. Jordan, calm down. We're at Navy pier with some coffee.

I want you guys to get in a taxi to one of the stations and take a train to the next station and then take another taxi to the 21st, we'll meet you there.

Jordan, you're scaring me. What is going on?

I'll explain later just please go.

Okay. Okay. We're going. Bye love you.

Love you too.

Jordan and Kelly were grabbing the last of the stuff when a loud beeping noise went off. Kelly and Jordan were crouched behind the kitchen island, grabbing the bags as an explosion went off.

Kelly grabbed Jordan and laid them both on the ground. Kelly had his back against the wall of the kitchen island and was holding Jordan in his arms.

"I think we got our first warning sign." Said Jordan.

Jordan got out of Kelly's grip and went to open the door but it was locked.

"What are you doing?"

"Trying to get us out of here."

"I know that. Why not just unlock it with your keys?"

"We didn't lock it so something else is blocking it."

"Shit. Just get down behind here. I'll call 911."