Watch your back

I laughed at what Jordan had said before I checked her and I for injuries.

"You, okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. I'm alright. You?" She replied with a concerned tone in her voice.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?"

"You're looking a bit pale, Halstead."

"Oh am I now, Hernandez?"

"Yeah. Very." She laughed.

I went to laugh too but my stomach made a growling sound as I ran off into a bush and threw up.

"I'll grab you a mint." Said Jordan as she approached the car.

The rest of the team pulled up and got out, coming to check if we were okay. I started smelling smoke so I told Antonio and the rest of the team to stop where they were.

As Jordan was grabbing our stuff, I heard a ticking noise too. I ran over to her, wrapping my arms around her waist as I threw us both to the floor.

The car exploded as I covered Jordan's body with mine. We both had our hands over our ears to prevent them hurting from the noise.

"You guys okay!?" Shouted Hank.

"Yeah! We're okay. Call 51!" I shouted back.

The fire was balzing so much that we couldn't even stand because there was a chance we would be hit by fire. I dragged me and Jordan backwards along the floor as we tried to stay low.

"You, okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. Thanks for saving me."

Around two minutes later, 51 arrived with Boden. Squad 3 stayed at the Firehouse because they weren't needed. Casey ordered his men to put water on the fire and then help get the other guys out of the other vehicle.

Once the fire was out, Jordan and I stood up as Kelly ran over to us. He engulfed Jordan in a hug and then checked her over for injuries.

"Kelly I'm fine. Thanks to Jay." Jordan said.

Kelly gave me a bro hug and then thanked me for saving Jordan.

"What are you doing here though? I thought Boden wouldn't let you work." I asked.

"I heard the call over the radio and asked Casey to come and pick me up."

"Fire is out and the two guys will be okay."

"Thanks Casey." I said.

"What even happened here?" Asked Boden as he walked over with the rest of Intelligence.

"Jordan's mad driving." I laughed.

"It wasn't that bad. At least we didn't end up in the water or end up like them."

"Let me guess, she pulled the handbrake up." Said Kelly.

"Yes. I almost forgot she used to race." I said.

"You used to race?" Asked Kevin.

"Yeah. Only sport cars. I would sometimes do advertisement for the companies."

"Oh that sounds sick." Said Gallo.

"It was pretty cool."

"Thank you Boden and the whole of truck 81. Can we take the two men?"

"Yeah of course. There injuries are minor." Said Brett.

"Thanks." Said Antonio.

Jordan and I hopped in the back of the van as Antonio put the two men in the back of his car.