Grave

*No One's Pov*

When Jordan woke up the next morning, Jay was no longer in bed. There was a glass of water by her bedside along with her phone that he had put on charge.

"Morning." Said Jordan as she walked out of the bedroom.

"Morning." Replied Jay.

"We don't have work today, do we?"

"Not exactly. We're on call but knowing Hank, he'll take any case that someone hands him, day off or not."

"Alright. Well I'm going to go home and shower but I'll keep my phone on."

"Okay. I'll see you later."

"Bye and thank you for letting me sleep here."

"No problem. Oh. Don't forget this."

Jay handed Jordan the bottle of Tequila that was in the fridge.

"I put it in there this morning so it wasn't warm."

"Oh. Thanks."

Jordan left shortly after to get dressed and ready for the day. When Jordan got back home, she hopped in the shower and then got dressed into jeans and a top. She grabbed everything she needed and debated whether to take her phone or not.

On her way to the cemetery, Severide called her asking where she was last night.

I stayed at a friend's house.

Who?

A friend.

Oh I get it. Jay's house.

Yes. Jay's apartment.

Where are you going?

Cemetery.

Why?

A task my therapist gave me.

Okay well I'm free until five pm so I might join you. Say an hour.

Sounds good. I've got Tequila.

Her favourite drink.

Yes. See you soon.

See ya.

Jordan pulled up to the place and hopped out of her pick up, leaving her phone hidden in the glove box. She walked through the black gates that were attached to the light brown, brick wall. She was holding some new flowers as well as a bottle of Tequila and two red party cups. She wasn't planning on drinking till later because she wanted to say her sober thoughts that she never got to say to Shay.

Shay's grave had flowers from yesterday that Jordan put down and some petals. Jordan placed another thing of flowers down as well as the Tequila and the two cups.

Jordan sat down in front of Shay's grave and read the words as a tear fell from her eye.

Leslie Elizabeth Shay
1978 - 2014
Sister, daughter, friend, girlfriend
'Never let anyone dull your sparkle'

"Hey, Shay. I don't even know what to say. I know you dying wasn't your fault but I blamed you because you left, because you caused me so much pain, because you broke me."

"It's not your fault though and I know that. I just needed someone to blame and I blamed you. I apologise, I never should have done that, it was wrong of me."

"The one thing I've always wanted to say was:

"I love you. I love you so goddamn much. You made my heart swell and caused butterflies when ever I saw you. You were the missing piece that made me whole. Your smile was like a thousand fireworks, lighting up the sky on New Years. I love you so much Shay and I miss you."

"I just wanted to be by your side for the rest of our lives. I'm sorry that we couldn't stay together. I would do anything to be in your arms again. Those 3 years with you, were the best 3 years of my life. I love you, Shay. I'm gonna miss you."

Jordan kissed Shay's grave as she broke down into tears. Jordan was struggling to breathe as tears streamed down her face. She coughed a few times and held back her tears.

"I'm so sorry." She cried.

Jordan put her back to Shay's grave and looked up at the sky. She tried anything to stop the tears from falling but they just kept on coming. Jordan cried, not because she is weak. It is because she's been strong for too long.

It was now later in the day and Jordan was sat staring at Shay's grave with her chin resting on her knees. She sniff and wiped the tears that were slowly making their way down her cheeks.

"Hey, J."

"Hey, Kel." Jordan said.

"You look like you've been crying for hours."

"Cheers."

"Do you remember what Shay told us she wanted us to do if she ever died before us?"

"One day, I want you two to sit at my grave, drink Tequila and talk about some of our greatest memories..."

"...and I don't want to see you back again until you're both married."

"Yeah."

"So here we are."

A couple of drinks later, Kelly and Jordan were laughing so hard that their stomach's hurt. It was much later in the day, around 6pm which meant Kelly was late for his shift by an hour.

"Wait, wait, wait. Do you remember when we stayed at that small cabin?" Mentioned Kelly.

"The one where we broke things and had to pay a shit ton of money?"

"Yes! That one!" Laughed Kelly.

"Do you remember the dock incident?" Laughed Jordan.

"Oh yeah. Shay was walking and then she fell into the boat and got completely soaked."

"Yeah and then you went to save her and fell in too."

"Yeah but at least I didn't break the dock."

"It was rotten anyway."

"No it wasn't. It was brand new."

"The axe was heavy, okay?"

"Why were you carrying it anyway?"

"I thought there were alligators!" Laughed Jordan as she took another sip.

"What did Shay break?" Asked Kelly.

"The fridge. She was putting alcohol on the glass shelf and dropped it by accident."

"There was glass all over the floor." Said Kelly.

"At least she didn't break the sink."

"I didn't think if I sat on the edge, it would break."

"It was hanging off the wall to be fair."

"See! Now you admit it!"

"God those were some good times." Laughed Jordan as she got closer to Kelly.

Jordan sat between Kelly's legs and rested her back on his stomach as they looked up at the twinkling stars.

"Look. There's Shay." Said Jordan.

"The brightest star." Added Kelly.