Goodbyes

*No One's Pov*

"You go first, I'll go after." Said Jordan.

"Why? I can go after you." Said Jay.

"He doesn't have much time and you were closer to him."

"He could still make it, Jordan."

"Just go first." Said Jordan as she left the room.

Jay sat in silence for a few minutes before taking a deep breath.

"I'm not great at goodbyes. You'd think I would be by now but I'm not. It's gonna be hard to let you go because you taught me everything. You taught me how to survive in the wild. Make fires, eat bark or leaves. You even taught me how to get girls."

"I just...I don't know what to say. Why did this have to happen to you? Why couldn't it have been me there?"

"Cassie told me what you did for Lily. You saved her, hell you even saved me. You saved everybody in the field but no one could save you. I'm so sorry. I love you bro."

Jay stepped outside of James's room, tears running down his cheeks. He tapped Jordan on the shoulder and gave her a fist bump before she went to talk to James.

"Hey, James. It's hard to say goodbye because you were the one that made our team a family. If anyone was down, you would cheer them up right away even if it was the same story over and over again that you would tell. You comforted me when I lost Shay, even when we lost Miles. You were hurting but you were there for others."

"I'm gonna miss you bud."

Jordan came out of the room with tears threatening to spill out of her eyes. Jay walked up to her and engulfed her in a hug as they both burst into tears.

Once they were done with letting it all out, they grabbed some coffees for everyone and then returned to the others.

"Hey, we'll look after Scout and Morgan if you want to sit in with James." Suggested Jordan to Cassie and Maria.

"I've said what I want to but now I need to leave. I have to sort out a few things. I'm here for anything you need, Maria. Just call me." Said Cassie as she hugged Maria and left.

"Only if you are sure."

"Yeah of course. How about we go and see what's in the vending machines?" Suggested Jay to the children.

Morgan held Jordan's hand as they walked and Scout was in Jay's arms.

"Thank you." Smiled Maria.

*Jay's Pov*

We walked over to the vending machine after going in the lift because the children really wanted to.

"Is your arm new?" Asked Morgan.

"Yeah. It broke so I had to get a new one."

"How did that happen?" Asked Scout.

"She got shot saving one of our friends." I said.

"Can daddy get a new heart?" Asked Morgan.

"Yeah. He saved someone. Can he live?"

Jordan looked over to me with a sad look and worry on how to answer the child's question. He could get a new heart but his injuries were too extent to fight, getting a new heart, let alone the anaesthesia.

Luckily, Will saved us and came over to talk to the children.

"Hey, guys. I heard you're looking at the vending machines. I've got something for you." Said Will as he handed them each a one dollar bill.