Zoe

*Jordan's Pov*

After Jay left the room, Hank became very irritated and didn't have much patience with me.

"I'm not going to kill you." Said Hank.

"Well, the option is still on the table if you ever want to change you mind."

"Why do you always make jokes?"

"Because I don't like being in a grumpy atmosphere. For example, this office."

"Fair enough. Also, please don't sneak into that place again. I don't really want to bail you out of jail."

"Yes I know. I'm sorry Sarge it won't happen again."

"I hope not."

"Is that all?" I asked.

"Why do you feel this need to protect your sister?"

"Because no one else does. The teacher's don't give a shit. She had a five page assignment due two days after our mom died. She asked them to extend and they didn't listen. So I went there with my sister by my side and got them to move it back."

"What did you say?"

*2 years ago*

I stormed into Zoe's Uni with her by my side. She lead the way until we got to her class. I didn't care if there was a lecture going on, just because her teacher is respected by some of the highest schools doesn't mean she gets to be a racist prick too.

I pushed open the door and walked into the room. There was long rows of chairs, each one occupied. The room was full of skeletons and drawings of the heart, the brain and the lungs.

"I'm sorry but you can't be in here unless you actually take the class." Said the teacher as she looked me up and down.

"Well my sister Zoe does, so I guess that counts."

"Por favor deja mi clase." She said.

("Please leave my class.")

"Just because I'm Latino and speak Spanish doesn't mean you need to speak my language to me. I know English very well."

"What would you like, miss?"

"I need you to give my sister here, Zoe, an extension on her assignment."

"Just because you're from a different country doesn't make you special."

"I'm from Chicago."

"Oh well. The answers no."

"Our mom has just passed away. Zoe can't produce a five page essay when she has that on her mind too."

"Please leave my room miss."

"No, I won't. Let me educate you on what it was like to lose our mom."

"No, we don't need that."

"I was driving home from work when my sister called me. She said our mom didn't look well and that she had collapsed. I skipped every red light just so police would follow me home."

"That sounds very illegal."

"Oh yeah, it was illegal. But as soon as I got there, they followed me inside. I walked in on my sister doing cpr. I knelt down next to her to help. Police called for an Ambo as we carried on with cpr. When they arrived, they brought her back to us. We rode to the hospital and the next three days were the worst."

I took a deep breath as everything came flashing back.

"We sat by her side as she struggled to eat. Any food she ate she threw back up. She just slept and slept and slept. She was so tired. We played a board game on one of the days and it was the first time in a while, that I had actually seen her smile. But when it came to night time, she said she loved us and we said the same to her. She died on that third night."

"She was so skinny and so pale. The colour was literally drained from her face, just like her energy. Our mom kept smiling though and she stayed strong for us. She was in pain half the time but she always told us she was fine. But we knew. We knew she was struggling."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"So please, just give my sister an extension."

"Fine I will. On one condition."

"What condition?"

"You let these cops arrest you for trespassing."

"Fine."

*The Present*

"I got down on my knees and they arrested me."

"I'm so sorry you went through all of that."

"It's fine."

"It's not though. Who even bailed you out?"

"Kelly Severide."

"You know him?"

"Yeah. He's my best friend."

"I did anything to protect my son so I know what you mean."

"Thanks and I'm sorry for tonight."

"It's fine. Go write up your case report."

I left his office and started to write up my case report as well as what happened tonight. The whole time I could feel someone's eyes on my back.

I looked up once I had finished to see Adam and Kim staring at me. I gave them a smile but they looked away and then started talking but quietly so no one else would hear.

"So, you're telling me that Mia only bullied your sister because she had a crush on her."

"Apparently, yeah. I want to tell Zoe but she'll be angry that I even approached her."

"Yes. Yes I will." Said Zoe as she walked up the steps.

"Hey, sis." I smiled.

"I told you to stay out of it! But no, you just had to put your big nose in it! Why can't you just stop trying to protect me all the time?"

"Because I can't!"

"You can't? Yes you can. You never cared before mom died. You buggered off to the army and left me to take care of her."

"I left to support you guys! How do you think most of your Uni was payed off?"

"Well your boss had to pay the rest because you didn't have a job!"

"Don't you think I tried!? It's very hard to find a job when people are rude and sexist."

"Sexist? What are you going on about?" Asked Adam.

"In the rangers, there was a guy called Mark. He came out of the rangers and got a job as a detective. He got a bionic arm just like me except they accepted him because he was a guy and thought he would be more capable. That's what they told me when they called to say they had chosen someone else."

"Just because you're a cop doesn't mean you get to barge into places and threaten people."

"Threaten? Really?"

"What gives you the right to protect me all the time? Just back off!"

"I made a promise! I made a promise to mom that I would protect you even if it cost me my life. As long as you were safe."

"What?"

"You got kidnapped and I did anything to protect you."

"You're right. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have gone off on you like that. I have to go, we'll talk later."

"Zoe, wait." I called after her.

Zoe left in hurry which was a bit strange but then it clicked, she had someone's party to go to. She still should've stayed though so we could talk about what had just happened.

I left to go to the toilet and calm myself down after crying in Hank's office and just having an argument with my sister as everyone else got on with their case reports.