Carnival

*Jay's Pov*

"Hey, Sarge. Sorry I'm late."

"No problem. You okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine." Said Jordan as she sat down.

"You okay?" I asked as I walked up to her desk.

"Yeah. Just had a therapy session and then needed to pick something up."

"See, I said you would like therapy."

"It's not bad."

"So you like it?"

"I don't hate it."

"I found out that Anthony is back with his wife and they're getting married next week. Sounds like happily ever after to me." Said Kim.

"Happily ever after doesn't exist." Said Jordan.

"Yeah it does." Adam agreed.

"Last time I checked, you were suppose to marry Kim and you didn't."

"No need to get personal." Laughed Kim.

"It does exist. Look at Al for instance, his wife still cared about him."

"She let him sleep in the shed and they got divorced."

"Okay, Trudy and Mouch."

"That I can agree with."

"So it exists."

"No it doesn't. No offence to you Jay but you wanted to propose to Erin and she left. Antonio I'm sorry but you're marriage ended. Will wanted to propose to Natalie and she left. It doesn't exist."

"It can do though." Said Kevin.

"No it can't. I loved somebody and they loved me too, so much, that they were going to propose. And then they died. So, no. It doesn't exist." Said Jordan.

"I'm so sorry for your loss." Said Antonio.

"What was his name?"

"Her name was Leslie. Leslie Shay."

Everyone stood in silence and shock, mainly for the fact that no one knew Jordan dated girls.

"We were together three years. We were searching through stuff when she died and I found a ring, on the box it said, 'For the love of my life.' She wrote a speech but she never got to say it."

I walked up to Jordan and pulled her close to my chest as she cried. She wiped her eyes and then walked off to the bathroom, fiddling with her hands.

"Can you check on her?" Asked Hank.

"Yeah sure." I said.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. I just don't like crying in front of others."

"Even I didn't know you dated girls. You said you came to the rangers but you were leaving someone behind, I thought it was a guy."

"Well I left Kelly but no it was Shay who I left and then when I got back, we had about three months together before she passed."

"I'm sorry. I didn't realise you dated girls."

"I don't. Not anymore. Girls annoy the living day lights out of me and they push too hard. Shay always told me about how they go too fast plus after she died, I wanted to date guys because every girl would remind me of her."

"Fair enough."

"Have we got a case?" Jordan asked.

"No but Hank wants us to do security at the carnival."

Mechanical (CPD)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें