Questions

"Do you know where his family is?" Asked Antonio.

"His wife is signing some papers currently. His friends are there and his Sargent had to go and something."

"Could be the Sargent? She disappears before he dies." Suggested Adam.

"It's not Sargent Cassie." I said.

"And you know that because?"

"Because she wouldn't do that." Said Jay.

"What are you guys doing here?" Asked Kim.

"Saying goodbye to James and checking on Lily." Jay said.

"Where's Lily?"

"I'm here."

"What have you got on the case so far?" I asked towards Kevin as Antonio went to talk to Lily.

"Not much. The owner of Mama's Diner said that there was a strange man hanging around this building and then went inside. We've searched it and we found-"

"-nothing. Everyone stop talking to these two." Said Hank.

"Why can't we know?" Asked Jay.

"Because it involves family and we don't want you killing this person just because they killed James."

"Bullshit. You do whatever you want Hank. Why can't we?" I snapped.

"Because you're good police." Argued Hank.

"Let us help." Jay argued.

"No. Go home." Ordered Hank.

*Antonio's Pov*

"So, Lily did you see anything unusual?"

"No. I was facing forward waiting for my family to tap me out."

"So you think they shot from behind?"

"No obviously not because my wounds are from the front and so are James's. If I were you, I would ask the people facing us. Maybe start with Scout."

"Scout?"

"James's child."

"Why him?"

"He kept pointing up to the window saying something along the lines of 'Who's that?'"

"You heard him?"

"No I can lip read."

"Oh ok. We'll talk to him. Is there anyone who would want to hurt you?"

"Me specifically? No. But our team? Yeah."

"What do you mean?"

"We had a mole in the unit a few years back, ordered a kill on Jay and Jordan. Miles, the one who ordered the kill was saved by Jordan earlier in the week but he had already paid for the hit so he jumped in front of the bullets. He saved them."

"What has this got to do with any of it?"

"Miles was adopted when he was younger and a week before he was shot, his mother reached out."

"Who was his mother?"

"I don't know. Some woman called Samantha. Ask Cassie for the letters, I think she has them."

"Okay, thank you. I hope you get better."

When we left the room, I got a text from Voight telling us to return to the district once finished and a call from Severide.

Hey, Kelly. What's up?

What happened at work?

What do you mean?