Hospital

*Will's Pov*

Not many people had come into the hospital and I had no patients so I was stood talking to Maggie with a cup of coffee.

"Hi, sorry to bother you but I need help." Said a young woman.

She had beautiful long brunette hair that was in curls covering her face. Her skin was slightly tanned, almost like she had just came back from a holiday.

"No worries. What seems to be the problem?" Maggie smiled.

"My hand doesn't seem to be working."

"Alright, if you take a seat in that room, I'll be just with you." I smiled.

"No, leave that for someone who actually needs it."

"What?" I asked while looking at Maggie.

The girl lifted her head up and tucked her hair behind her ear while she showed us her hand. She had a black Bionic arm that was stuck holding onto her other one.

"Oh." Maggie said in shock.

"Yeah. Sorry, it's a pain." The girl said.

"It's not a problem. I have no patients currently so I'll take you up to the place that can fix this." I smiled.

"Thank you so much." She smiled.

As I was walking, something clicked in my mind. This was the same girl from last night that Jay tried to help.

"Sorry about my brother yesterday at the shopping centre. He just wanted to help."

"I'm sorry too. When people see I only have one hand, they like to treat me like a child. I don't need help."

"He didn't realise you had one hand."

"I'm sorry. I would've had my bionic arm but it died." She laughed.

"Like now?" I laughed.

"Yeah except it won't even charge."

"Oh. How long have you had it?"

"A few years now." She laughed.

"Oh, I'm Will by the way."

"Jordan." She smiled.

"If you don't mind me asking, what's your occupation?" I smiled.

"I was in the rangers a few years back and my mom got sick so I returned to Chicago and now I'm a cop."

"So, did you lose your arm in the rangers?"

"No, I was born with no left arm."

"Oh, cool. My brother was in the rangers, he's a detective now."

"Nice. I want to be a detective but no one wants me."

"What do you mean?"

"I've sent in my CV and done everything but no one will take me." She sighed as the elevator came to a stop.

"Have you tried Intelligence?"

"I tried. I asked the woman at the desk and she said they aren't looking for anyone."

"Well that's a lie, they're one person down."

"Oh, well this is me. Thanks Will. I'll see you around."

"Yeah. See you around." I smiled.

Two hours later, Jordan came back down with a shiny new arm that was no longer attached to the other.

"Is that new?" I asked.

"Yeah. It's a pain though because they cost a lot. This is why I need a detective job. And I need to pay of the last of my sister's uni funds."