'Better be... Hufflepuff!'

Due to an captivating conversation the two childhood friends had shared with Sirius Black, the train journey to Hogwarts felt over before any of the trio knew it

The train had pulled into a small platform nearby Hogwarts, hidden in a Scottish forest. The sky was as dark as a ravens coat, and Hunter-Rose knew it was was time to start this new chapter of her life.

Admittedly, she felt somewhat downtrodden that her and James would inevitably be separated by their houses; Hunter was born to be a Hufflepuff, and James was an almost intoxicating stereotype of a Gryffindor. Alas, she thought, he has Sirius - who, despite his doubts, was clearly a Gryffindor.

Hunter-Rose watched as the compartment opposite theirs, filled with older students, piled out. Hunter looked at James, then at Sirius. They all had large grins that crept up on their faces.

"Okay... oh my Merlin. Okay. Crap. Okay! We've got this!" Hunter remarked.

The girl stood up, grabbing her owl and made her way into the empty corridor. The two boys followed suit, with Sirius fumbling with his top button. Hunter frowned at him.

"All okay, Sirius?"

"Alright, I guess. Should probably keep up appearances, though." he sighed, defeated. The boy hated his family, something clear to his new friends, but what was he to do?

"Who for?" Hunter asked.

Sirius paused, and looked at himself in the trains window. He looked down at his outfit, something he had been forced into that morning. He was told that it represents his family lineage, their power. He hated all that... so who was he trying to impress?

"Y...you're right. Sod this! Sod this bloody outfit! If I walk into that hall looking like a prat, I'll only be failing myself! Oh..." the boy trailed off.

"What is it? All okay?" James asked, now stood beside Hunter-Rose.

"We haven't got changed into our robes." Sirius muttered. Hunter and James' hearts dropped.

"Shit." the three eleven-year olds murmured.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

After a completely uneventful and stress free outfit change, the trio all shot out of the train as they saw a group of people, all who looked to be their age, walk in a group towards a large lake.

They all speed-walked to the back, thankfully managing to catch up. Hunter-Rose stood in the middle of the two boys, James on her left and Sirius on her right.

"Shit, that was close." Sirius chuckled.

"Yeah, but I suppose it's better that you realised." James replied, looking around him.