'Sixteen Today'

HUNTER-ROSE POV

HUNTER-ROSE POV

"Happy birthday, Hunts!" a Welsh accent belts into my ear.

My eyes flicker open and look upon Meera, who is holding a card and a few gift boxes. I chuckle, and my face breaks into a smile.

"Thank you, Meera. You didn't have to wake yourself up this early, you know." I shake my head. It must been earlier than usual, and considering that I wake up at 5am every morning, that's quite a feat.

"Oh, I know. But I wanted to! For you. You're sixteen, Hunter!" the brunette declares, pulling me into a hug.

I laugh, and sit up to hug her back. Meera's eyes widen.

"Oh, Hunts, you need to go back to sleep." she whispers. I comply, but furrow my brows.

"Alright... why, may I ask?" I query, ruffling my fringe as I lay back down.

"Well, the others are all going to come in and like, shout happy birthday to wake you up. They told me to keep an eye on you, but I couldn't contain my excitement!"

Meera and I giggle. We didn't become friends until our second year, when I was upset over doing poorly in a test. Her impulsive and cheery front has never failed to uplift me.

"Okay, I'll stay quiet." I wink, and close my eyes. Going back to sleep was incredibly tempting, but only a few moments later, the door bursts open and I can hear the patter of feet.

"She didn't wake up, did she?" Louise asks.

"No, no, sound asleep." Meera lies cooly.

"Okay, we all ready?" I hear Hai ask.

A few moments later, Hai, Cassandra, Hollie, Meera and Louise all shout "Happy birthday, Hunts!". I pretend to awaken, and look at the five girls.

Cassandra and Hollie, stood on the far left and far right of the group, both hold up a banner with 'Happy Birthday Hunter-Rose!' printed in large bubble letters, filled in with sequins that are all different shades of pink.

Louise and Meera, who are both stood slightly in front and central of Cassandra and Hollie's banner, hold a few gift boxes.

Hai stands between the two, front and centre, holding a large cake with pink icing, strawberries and whipped cream on it.

"Wow, girls! Merlin! You're all too sweet!" I beam at the girls, sitting up. They all sit on my bed, and Cassandra and Hollie sit the banner down on Hai's bed.

"It's 4:30, I think. We figured that would be enough time for you to open all the presents from us and for us to all eat a bit of cake." Cassandra states as she sits down.

"Awh! You're all too good to me, honestly. I don't know what I did to deserve friends like you." I shake my head, smiling.

"Look at what I wrote on the cake!" Hai says, placing it onto my lap. In white cursive icing, it reads 'Sixteen today! You're legal now xoxo'. I burst out laughing.