'Letters from Father'

Father,

Father,

Hello! It's been a while since I've written to you, hasn't it?

A lot has happened since I last talked to you. Mainly, I managed to tell someone that I'm a Quarter-Veela! I told Remus Lupin. I do recall talking to you about him before (he's an extremely tall boy who is good friends with James; Gryffindor, naturally).

I told him as a spur of the moment sort of thing, when we were on our prefect patrol on Thursday. I just had this overwhelming urge to tell someone, and Remus is an awfully trustworthy person.

He accepted me, of course. Turns out he's not quite human, either! I vowed not to tell another soul, though, so not giving you the full details. Sorry, not sorry!

I don't imagine you've heard, but Sirius and Regulus managed to show Hogwarts that the article that Skeeter woman wrote was rather dramatised. We made a plan for them to show that they were getting on well the morning of the papers release, and for it to appear that none of us had read it beforehand.

It worked rather spectacularly. People watched them as they joked over breakfast, and no one has really taken heavy interest in Skeeter's words (bar a boy in Slytherin called Snape, but he's known to provoke anyone over everything so not many people care for his viewpoint). They're also getting along a little better now. Not close by any means, but they don't pretend the other doesn't exist which I'd believe to be progress.

The first Slug Club session is on the 30th, so only three days away. Slughorn sent the formal invites out a couple of days ago, but he confirmed my place earlier in the year so I wasn't waiting anxiously.

Hai didn't make it in this year, unfortunately. Not many people in my house do; a couple of Hufflepuffs, a handful of Ravenclaws, a sizeable amount of Gryffindors and predominantly Slytherins. It's rather annoying, but Remus, Regulus and my friend Lily will both be attending, so I can't imagine it'll be too bad.

Do tell me how Leo is, and mother. And yourself, as well! What are you doing? Anything happening with that Dark Lord?

Your Daughter,
Hunter-Rose x

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・⁺‧͙

Rose,

Always good to hear from you, darling!

Good on you for finding someone you can trust with your secret. I know you've felt rather burdened by it, and I'm sure Remus is a trusty fellow. Although, you should remain cautious with who you tell. Remus is a half-blood if I do remember correctly, but please ensure that you aren't telling any purebloods, least others in the Sacred 29. You know how fast news travels.