'Blue-Green and Blue-Grey'

BLUE-GREEN

⭒❃.:▹  ◃:.❃⭒

A mere hour ago, Hunter-Rose was stranded in the middle of a room, trapped with a friend who she believed had misinterpreted her kind nature for romantic intentions

Now, she stood in solitude on the Astronomy Tower, watching the constellations as they danced in the sky.

Her blue-green eyes watched as the stars moved to the beat of their own drum, disregarding the world around them. Hunter longed to be that carefree.

She wished that the party could have been spent with her closest friends, ignoring those around her and dancing just as the fragments in the sky did. But no, the Moore girl was a people pleaser and had to appear prim and proper.

The Hufflepuff Princess regretted her entire Hogwarts career. Ever since she began to revolve around her reputation, she had stopped having fun. She stopped running down corridors, chasing Hai as she teased her. No more could she be vulgar or crude. To behave in such a way would mean disapproving glares would be thrown her way, for that was not how Hunter was to behave.

Secretly, Hunter-Rose was a very miserable individual. She wasn't herself, people didn't love her for her. Only when she was alone would she dare to drop her facade and frown.

Her floral mask was sat gently on the ground besides her, and the baby pink dress engulfed the girl as she sat with her back to a stone bench, her head resting on the rough surface. She wished to stay like this; star-gazing, strangely comfortable and utterly alone.

The next few days would bring chaos. She'd have to deal with the consequences of her response to Regulus, and she didn't even want to think about meeting her mother in Hogsmeade. She softly smiled to herself as she remembered a conversation she'd had with Hai, amused by the hypocrisy.

"What if I'm related to Sirius?" a panicked Hai had asked.

"Check in a book, there are plenty with bloodlines stated in them. Although, I suppose you two would be incredibly distantly related if you are." Hunter casually responded.

"How relieving." Hai had muttered dryly.

"Technically, if you are, you'd be dating like... my second cousin. So be careful." Hunter had laughed. On remembering this, she wanted to be sick. Oh, sweet irony.

Now that she had thought about it, Hunter had never had a crush. She simply felt no affection towards the male students she had encountered. Some were attractive and suave, others were sweet and geeky - all of this she recognised and appreciated, but never did she see them in a romantic way.

Regulus Black was someone Hunter cared for, even if that wasn't a well known fact. A Christmas feast her father had been invited to spoke volumes about the suffering that Sirius and Regulus had experienced, and she vowed to never forget that night and to always treat the boys with an especially gentle disposition.

The sixteen year old sighed and closed her blue-green eyes. She secretly wished to be comfortable, to have carefree messy hair, to have an utterly simple and calm life.

She wished that she wasn't Hunter-Rose Moore.

BLUE-GREY

⭒❃.:▹  ◃:.❃⭒

A mere hour ago, Regulus Black had been celebrated by the Hogwarts student body for capturing the enigmatic, unattainable Hunter-Rose Moore

The celebrations from the light side had been one of hope, that the Black was secretly against you-know-who.

The dark side cheered out of pride, that the Moore girl was one step closer to their side, unknowingly appeasing the Dark Lord as she hesitantly agreed to Regulus' question. For the Death Eaters, positive news had been slow, and this would surely kickstart a wave of good luck.

Now, Regulus sat alone. He had taken the opportunity to escape the ball as soon as he could, slithering through the crowd of students to the empty corridors.

The Slytherin Prince sat besides a large window, the moon illuminating his dark features and allowing them to come to life.

Regulus didn't want this. He believed in the Dark Lord, just as he was raised to, but he never wanted to rope Hunter into his world. A world full of suffering, death and destruction. That was no place for a Moore, and he knew that.

In truth, he looked up to the Hufflepuff. Her poise, elegance, fragility. Her incredible ability to appear neutral on almost everything allowed for all students, light and dark, Gryffindor and Slytherin, to admire her. To lust for her. To long for her.

However, to Regulus, she had never been more than a hallway crush. She was distant, yet adorable. She was light. Through and through, he knew that Hunter opposed the Dark Lord even if she did not express her contempt.

But he knew she was a people pleaser. When you're insecure about something, it's easy to spot it in another. They were two sides of the same coin: Regulus was perfect out of his need to survive, Hunter-Rose was perfect because she didn't want to be seen any other way.

Hunter was a completely concerned character, fretting about those she barely knew. The knowledge that one person disliked her would cause her to spiral, so how would she be able to reject the schools most beloved boy in front of a sea of people?

He'd harmed her. Whenever she left him, she'd be regarded as the one that got away for the dark side. A target would be placed on her back, and Regulus had put it there.

And it wasn't as if her family would be ignorant to this newfound couple. The disappointment of her father would be recognised by all, and she'd have to claw her way back into their arms.

All because of the reluctant "...Yes." that had escaped her lips. Regulus Black was fearful that he had ended her life before it had even started, and an overwhelmingly guilt sat in his gut.

His blue-grey eyes shut. He pictured the newspapers for tomorrow, he could sense them from a mile away; declarations on the joining of the lightest and darkest family in the wizarding world, the chaos that this would cause to the followers of the 'good' and the 'evil'. 'Is Hunter-Rose secretly a Death Eater?'. Interviewing their parents. It was a waking nightmare that Regulus had caused... all because he wanted approval from his parents.

The Black Heir decided to just try and picture his mothers pride and his fathers relief that their son (as far as they were concerned, their only son) had managed to capture Hunter. The arrogance that would lace their tone as they declared to the Dark Lord that the plan he had created so many years ago was finally in action.

He wished he wasn't in this situation, but he was simply fulfilling orders. He was Regulus Black, and there was nothing he could do about it.

So he might as well do his job.