'Patrol with Lucius Malfoy'

Charms class came and went, and Hunter found herself stood alone in her dormitory

Charms class came and went, and Hunter found herself stood alone in her dormitory. All the other girls had Care of Magical Creatures, a lesson that Hunter had her father write to Dumbledore about to get her out of in the third year. Hunter wasn't an animal person.

The Hufflepuff put away all her presents, leaving the photo that Monty and Mia had given her on her bedside table. She looked into the photo for a moment before turning her attention to her Grand-Mères dress.

Locking the door, Hunter quickly took off her uniform and tried on the dress. She stepped into it and pulled it up her, doing up the pale green zip on the side of the dress.

Hunter turned to look into a floor length mirror that Cassandra magically brought with her every year. The dress was exquisite on the Moore girl; it hugged her chest and the floral patterns emphasised her dainty appearance. She looked like a doll that a child would long for, and was clearly as sweet as a freshly bloomed flower. Her ethereal beauty jumped out at her.

It was perfect.

Admiring her reflection, Hunter squealed with delight. She decided against parading around in the dress, instead deciding to hang it up carefully in her wardrobe. Changing back into her robes, Hunter left the dormitories feeling euphoric.

As Hunter emerged into the common room, she was met with a familiar face.

"Hinata! Hi!" Hunter greeted the sixth year boy, who had just emerged from his dormitory.

"Oh, Hunter! Happy birthday!" he replied, patting the girl on the back.

"Thank you! How have you been?" Hunter asked as the two walked through the common room.

"Not too bad, in all honesty. I'm actually going to play some piano, if you'd want to join me." Hinata offered.

"That'd be wonderful!" the girl replied, and the two left the Hufflepuff common room.

Hinata led Hunter to the piano room, a secluded spot near the Slytherins dungeons. The pair struggled to walk down the moving stairs, causing the two Hufflepuffs to burst into fits of giggles.

"How come you know about this room, if you don't mind me asking? I've never actually heard of it." Hunter asked.

"It was made for me in my fourth year after my mother passed away. She adored my music, and my father asked for there to be a room where I could remember her through piano. Dad's a pretty well known muggle, which is why I think Dumbledore complied. He could've just told him about the Room of Requirements, but I think he knew this would help calm my dad." Hinata explained calmly.

"That's beautiful, Hinata. Have you played piano for a long time?"

"Since I was eight. My older brother used to play, and I wanted to be like him so I asked to have lessons. He dropped it after a couple of months, but I couldn't let it go."