'The Masquerade Ball'

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"Oh, Hunts, there are so many more people than I thought there would be!"

Hunter-Rose, whose head was still reeling over her recent letters with her mother, looked up at Hai.

The two girls were hidden behind a black velvet curtain at the top of a staircase. Hunter wore the dress that she had been sent, and pale green flowers sat in her flowing blonde hair. The necklace that James had bought her for her birthday hung around her neck.

Hai was dressed in a deep purple ball gown, wearing a masquerade mask of the same colour with silver flecks. Her hair was tied in an elegant, slick bun.

"Yeah, if I'm being completely candid, I thought it'd be less people." Hunter agreed, peering through the curtains. The majority of the student body were gathered into the hall given by the Room of Requirements, all dressed in their best gowns and robes. Faces were obscured by a sea of masks.

"Oh Merlin! What if I fall over when we're walking down? I'd make a complete fool of myself!" Hai spoke at a lightening fast pace.

"You can link arms with me, love. It'll be fine, I promise." Hunter gave her friend a soft smile and Hai relaxed.

"Thanks. Should we make our way down?" Hai asked.

Hunter peered out over the crowd, still hiding behind the curtains that stood at the top of a bifurcated staircase. The majority of people were stood around the hall, waiting for Hunter and Hai to emerge.

The blonde nodded at the brunette and offered her arm, which Hai accepted immediately. Taking a deep breath, Hunter pulled back the curtain and stepped towards the crowd.

The students of Hogwarts knew that Hunter-Rose Moore was a precious girl, one who needed to be shielded from all the bad in the world. She represented all that was good in the light side; hope, purity, selflessness.

Yet, this truth was only accepted by the Hogwarts population as a whole when they all watched Hunter, confident and cool, glide down the staircase effortlessly whilst supporting her best friend.

Hunter was, and would remain to be, The Hufflepuff Princess - nay, The Hogwarts Princess. The air around her was calming, and she was as elegant beyond belief. Her pink dress trailed behind her, and the blue-green eyes that the Moore family was known for were highlighted by her mask.

A silence fell when the two girls walked, and was only filled when Hai Ngyuen gleefully exclaimed that the ball could commence.

Many students now had their goal for the night set - to talk to the enigmatic Moore girl.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙