'The Princess and The Knight'

Hunter-Rose Moore was born 20th September, 1959

Hunter-Rose Moore was born 20th September, 1959. Virgo. Ever the typical Hufflepuff, she was hard-working, reliable and kind. She was delicate. A Princess without her tiara.

Hai Nguyen was born 19th October, 1959. Libra. Alike many of her fellow Hufflepuffs, the girl was fair, idealistic and diplomatic. A crusader. She was a Knight in yellow and black armour.

When Hunter met Hai on the 1st September 1971, neither of them expected to meet someone that felt like their kindred spirit, a genuine soulmate.

Where Hunter was gentle and sweet, Hai was forceful and honest. Hunter was laid-back, and Hai was a ray of sunshine. The girls were not polar opposites, but not exactly the same.

They weren't ying and yang, night and day or chalk and cheese. They were Hunter and Hai, and that was that. There was no label or comparison that could be applied to their relationship. They were just, ever so simply, them.

Around the same time that the Marauders were established as an infamous group within Hogwarts, Hunter and Hai - known together as 'The Princess and The Knight' - were established as the best friends, a recognisable and dynamic duo.

They had a friendship that people envied.

The 4th of October was, therefore, a highly celebrated day amongst Hunter and Hai's friends, acquaintances and admirers. It was the day between both of their birthdays, and infamous parties would occur in the Hufflepuff dormitories for any friend of the girls. Preparations always began a couple days before Hunter's birthday.

17th September

"Alright, alright, alright. What theme are we going with this year?" Hunter wondered aloud as the two girls walked to quidditch practice in the early hours of the morning.

Their first year, no party had occurred. They had spent it with each other, James and his friends, and their fellow Hufflepuffs. It was a small gathering, but sweet.  Their second was a slightly larger gathering of friends, and they played a large game of hide and seek. As the girls became more popular, their joint birthday celebration reflected that.

• Third year - a large group of people, all dressed in black and white
• Fourth year - an even larger group, dressed as different celebrities, professors and students
• Fifth year - ?

"I think a ball would be interesting. Like, a masquerade ball." Hai stated as she watched Jessica Browling and Lucius Malfoy on their morning prefect duties from afar.

Jessica, a half-blood Ravenclaw, stood silently next to the blonde Slytherin as he lambasted Tayo Ama, who was simply trying to come to practice.

"Oh, that would be incredible!" Hunter asked, clapping her hands in excitement, oblivious to the conflict between her teammate and Malfoy.

"Should we invite more people than last year?" Hai asked.

"That would essentially be the entire school, although I wouldn't mind that, if I'm honest." Hunter chuckled.